MusicBrainz Wiki talk:Categories
Discussion about MusicBrainz wiki categories
What Categories do we need, are they good the way they are? Which ones should be proposed in WikiCategories?
Listing and discussion of current categories
Categories needing discussion
- -- For pages about MusicBrainz features and implementation. This one is getting huge. Maybe we should split it.
- -- This Category is for pages that make proposals which are not only about style (which is covered by) but also new ideas for further developments and other stuff.
- -- For discussion threads. Pages will often be in this and some other category.
- -- For additional info pages that someday may go into the database.
- -- For pages describing, proposing, or discussing the editing process & guidelines.
- -- This Category is for pages that explain the various stati an Edit may have during its lifetime.
- -- For MusicBrainz documentation being developed on the Wiki.
- -- For pages with descriptions of other related software, resources, or external links.
- and of course, which includes all of the above, plus any which aren't yet listed here.
- -- Pages that have a philosophical viewpoint.
- -- This Category groups all pages that deal with lists of stuff to do.
- -- This Category groups all pages kept for historical purposes (Discussion, Proposal, ...).
- terminology used in the Server? It might be a subcategory ofthat way:
- There are only 3 pages in this category.should be sufficient. -- murdos 13:58, 30 April 2007 (UTC)
- we should not maintain wiki page for external software but rather link to an external page
This is a list of all the pages on the wiki that list other pages on the wiki, but aren't Categories. Template:FullSearch
I've got to wonder if it's possible to produce a flat (or better yet hierarchical) list of categories (as above) automatically. It would certainly be easier to keep up-to-date than a hand-edited list... perhaps a script that watches for edits on Category.*, pulls the description, and updates/adds the list? Please AnswerMe. -- MartinRudat 08:54, 15 June 2006 (UTC)
Since MoinMoin does not support sub-categories, we should determine if we indicates all parent categories when tagging a page with a subcategory. Example: PageA is in, should add it explicitly intoo? I think we should at least for the documentation part of the wiki. Please AnswerMe. -- murdos 11:38, 01 May 2007 (UTC)