Music Hack Day
Welcome Music Hack Day Participants!
The purpose of this page is to give you a simple quick start guide of things you may find useful in order to include MusicBrainz in your hack day projects.
- MusicBrainz introduction
- A short introduction to what MusicBrainz is, and what it is not.
- Editing MusicBrainz
- An overview on how to edit on MusicBrainz.
- MusicBrainz web service API
- Documentation on how to use MusicBrainz' RESTful web service API. This API can be used to search for artstis/releases/tracks/labels/collections/works/places on MusicBrainz, and to retrieve resources based on MBIDs. There are bindings for many programming languages available.
- MusicBrainz client libraries
- Official C libraries for calculationg Disc IDs, accessing the above mentioned web service and interacting with the Cover Art Archive.
- Acoustid fingerprinting
- Acoustid is the acoustic fingerprinting service that MusicBrainz uses. Use this service to identify audio files.
- APIs that understand MBID
- Various Services on the net that understand MBIDs
Music Hack Day San Francisco 2014: If you have MusicBrainz questions, you can find Rob in the bright orange shirt with the orange and purple hair, sitting near the back of the presentation area.
Have a great weekend hacking on fun music projects!