Music Hack Day
Welcome Music Hack Day Participants!
The purpose of this page is to give you a simple quick start guide of things you may find useful in order to include MusicBrainz in your hack day projects.
- MusicBrainz introduction
- A short introduction to what MusicBrainz is, and what it is not.
- Editing MusicBrainz
- An overview on how to edit on MusicBrainz.
- MusicBrainz web service API
- Documentation on how to use MusicBrainz' RESTful web service API. This API can be used to search for artstis/releases/tracks/labels/collections/works/places on MusicBrainz, and to retrieve resources based on MBIDs.
- MusicBrainz client libraries
- Access MusicBrainz from your application using one of our many language bindings. This takes a lot of the work out of using the web service API listed above.
- Acoustid fingerprinting
- Acoustid is the acoustic fingerprinting service that MusicBrainz uses. Use this service to identify audio files.
- APIs that understand MBID
- Various Services on the net that understand MBIDs
Music Hack Day Paris 2014: If you have MusicBrainz questions, you can find Rob in the conference room behind the presentation screen. Look for his crazy hair and the bright orange shirt.
Have a great weekend hacking on fun music projects!