Difference between revisions of "History:Next Generation Schema/Release Editor"
From MusicBrainz WikiJump to navigationJump to search
(New page: == Problematic Cases == * Editing a track title/artist. ** Should it modify the linked recording? ** Should it automatically break the link to the recording, if it's changed? (e.g. editor...)
Revision as of 06:36, 7 July 2009
- Editing a track title/artist.
- Should it modify the linked recording?
- Should it automatically break the link to the recording, if it's changed? (e.g. editor trying to change a track on a tracklist)
- Should it just change the track, keep the link to recording and the recording itself untouched? (we will probably get incorrectly linked recordings)
- Do we want to allow changing the link between a track and a recording in the release editor? If so, how? JS lookups like for artist credits? Or do we want to only allow creating new recordings (this was the result of a discussion we had with dmppanda/Jugdish/brianfreud on Track Merging)?
- Adding/removing a track.
- Should it create a new tracklist?
- Should it modify the tracklist, which will most likely change many other releases?
- Not directly related to the release editor, but the above issue affects this. CD TOCs are currently linked to tracklists. That means creating new tracklists automatically is not possible. Should CD TOCs be on medium, rather than tracklist?