Difference between revisions of "Proposal:Artist Type Other"
|Line 5:||Line 5:|
Revision as of 19:24, 4 August 2011
|Status: This page describes an active proposal and is not official.|
JIRA ticket MBS-3065
Artist Type: Other
This proposal is about a new ArtistType "Other". Many artists don't fit into the Group/Person scheme, e.g.:
- Some fictional characters (animals, mythical creatures, ...), e.g.: Pumuckl
- Some fictional artists are purely created to keep a series together, e.g. Die drei ???
- Companies that were created to credit them in a relationship, but that are not labels, e.g. Type2error
- Labels that are also created as artist, to use them in a relationship, e.g. Lantis
- Special purpose artists, e.g. [unknown]
There are probably even more categories. Because all of them are pretty rare compared to Person/Group and are not really in the focus of this database, I suggest a catch-all type "Other" for them. Using "Unknown" is not a really good alternative, because
- Searching for "Unknown" artists should only show artists where further research will eventually result in another type
- "Unknown" artists can be changed to any type as auto-edit, so if someone wants to leave an artist "Unknown" on purpose, anybody can change the type without vote
All attributes / link phrases etc. should be the same as with type "Unknown". --hrglgrmpf 08:20, 12 July 2011 (UTC)