Proposal:Mixed recitals by a performer or group
this is an attempt for an RFC by lorenz pressler (in preparation)
Mixed recitals by a performer or group
In cases where a release features a single performer or group and contains works from multiple composers, that performer or group may be designated the ReleaseArtist, with each TrackArtist assigned to the appropriate composer.
- Favorite Encores (feat. piano: Vladimir Horowitz)
- Black Angels (Kronos Quartet)
- Passion of Callas (disc 1)
- However, on a release like 3 Masses of the 20th Century (Mikaeli Kammarkör, Anders Eby) there is no clear choice for primary performer. It must remain under various artists.
- Do not create new Artists for performer collaborations (such as "Herbert von Karajan & The Berlin Philharmonic.")
- Also, do not use this style for conductors who are also composers (such as Leonard Bernstein or Pierre Boulez.)
- This recital style does not apply to releases with works by only one composer (such as Sole e Amore (Kiri Te Kanawa)), however much they might emphasize the performer.