Proposed Style Guideline
Proposed Style Guidelines
This page lists StyleGuideline
s that are not yet official. Eventually they should then make it to the OfficialStyleGuidelines page, at the discretion of the StyleCouncil. See the page about the specific guideline for its current status. If you want to propose a new guideline, please read HowToProposeNewGuidelines.
Tentative Summary of Proposed and Discussed Style Guidelines
- TarragonAllen proposed to define the parts of a TrackTitle or ReleaseTitle as follows: MainTitle, SubTitle, VolumeNumber, ExtraTitleInformation and DiscNumber (I changed "Distinguisher" to "Number" because it is already in use in the wiki --DonRedman). Accordingly we should make (or already have) the following pages describing their style: MainTitleStyle, SubTitleStyle, VolumeNumberStyle, ExtraTitleInformationStyle and DiscNumberStyle.
- Includes some discussion on how to order the different parts of the ExtraTitleInformation. Also it was proposed that ExtraTitleInformation be always in english.
- You can enter AudioBook
s into MusicBrainz, but there was no StyleGuideline up to now. We prefer to have an AudioBook guideline that helps with ordering of tracks, this is currently under discussion.
- This one actually is an OfficialStyleGuideline, but one of which even the StyleDude himself is not very convinced. It will be abolished as soon as AdvancedRelationships come out.
- Proposal incorporates titled and untitled live bootlegs.
- Describing how the ExtraTitleInformation of live tracks should be done.
- An attempt to document how ReleaseDate and ReleaseCountry should be added to Releases, especially when there were different releases (even in different countries). Should superceed ReleaseCountryStyle and ReleaseRegionStyle.
- How to record artist roles when there's more than one way (artist, release, track) to do so.
- Soundtracks are currently being handled based merely on a mailing list conversation a year or so back. This is a first attempt to actually build a complete set of guidelines to codify this.
List of All Proposed Style Guidelines
This list is generated from BackLink
s to the CategoryProposedStyle.