In general, such changes are not made unilaterally by these editors, but are implemented only after consensus has been reached on the StyleMailingList to make the change.
Anyone who feels that a change to the AR types is needed should:
- propose the change on the UsersMailingList
- If you get some positive feedback,
- For an existing type add the proposal to the discussion section of the existing relationship type page.
- For a new type write a full proposal on a page named like this SomethingRelationshipType.
- Propose the change to the StyleMailingList as an RFC (request for comments) -- be sure to include "RFC" in the subject line.
- After incorporating suggestions, if there appears to be consensus, send the final proposal to the StyleMailingList as an RFV (request for veto) -- again be sure to include "RFV" in the subject line.
- If no vetos are received in two weeks, you have consensus, and should arrange for one of the RelationshipEditor
s (listed below) to implement the change.
- AlexanderDupuy (Editor:dupuy)
- DaveEvans (Editor:djce)
- DonRedman (Editor:donredman)
- LukasLalinsky (Editor:lukz)
- mo (Editor:mo)
- RobertKaye (Editor:rob)
- WolfSong (Editor:wolfsong)
- FrederikSOlesen (Editor:Freso)
This list is edited by hand and for informative purposes only. The actual rights management is done within the MusicBrainzServer