Style/Titles/Extra title information
Style for Extra Title Information
Attributes of titles (like mix names etc.) should be entered in parentheses after the title. These attributes should be in lower case, except for proper names (including titles given to mixes).
The specific cases of ExtraTitleInformation are dealt with in a page of their own. Note, however, that unifiying the following guidelines is still under way:
- SoundtrackTitleStyle (or better SoundtrackStyle)
- Note that we generally do not retain information such as "(album version)" as this is considered incidental. If the release is a single, of course one of the tracks is going to be the "album version"; "album version" is not part of the title, and is extraneous ExtraTitleInformation.
Blue (extended mix)
Talking All That Jazz (Torti's Old School Mix of Edits dub)
Bear Witness (Automator's 2 Turntables and a Razor Blade re-edit)
Tarragon this page is not about remixes alone anymore. It looks to me as if some guidelines could be merged into a new simplified guideline or the distinction between them has to be clearly defined. Just look at this: ExtraInformationStyle, ThingsToLeaveOutStyle, TrackAttributesStyle.
I would propose a page ExtraTitleInformationStyle. This one could explain the general way of dealing with ExtraTitleInformation and then it could link to detailed pages: RemixStyle, VersusStyle, SoundtrackTitleStyle (or simply SoundtrackStyle), BonusDiscStyle, ThingsToLeaveOut, ThingsToDoWithAdvancedRelationship etc.
Sorry that I don't do this myself, I really have to spend my time on my master's thesis :-( --DonRedman
- For example I think "(excerpt)" and "(highlights)" should be in that ExtraInformationStyle: in brackets and lowercase and note it's not a track only matter. --ClutchEr2
Tarragons Text of Reference
This is old and should be worked into the above! 11. It is currently not possible to store all information about releases that people might be interested in. Rather than clutter release/track titles with too much information, the following details should be left out:
- Disc numbers of CD singles (** This is under review and will probably change).
- Country of release or designation as an import
- Record label
- Designation as a "bonus track"
- Any other information not discussed in this guide.