|Status: This is an official style guideline.|
- "TrackTitle, Part 1"
- "TrackTitle, Part 1: PartName"
Alternative names for parts may be used, such as Section, or their non-English equivalents.
- Note that if the title of a track is just "Part 1" or similar then this guideline should not apply, because then "Part 1" is considered being the main title of the track and not the part number.
- Also note that the abbreviation style says that you should not use abbreviations in titles. So "Pt." should always be expanded to "Part" (assuming the release language is English).
- Also note that the part name must be formatted according to subtitle style.
- "Flares, Part 3"
- "09-15-00, Part One"
- "Creepin', Parts 1 & 2" -- Two numbers are noted using an ampersand "&", the part indication in its plural form.
- "Train to Lamy Suite, Parts 1 - 3" -- More than 2 numbers, which are in sequence are separated by a hyphen "-", the part indication in its plural form.
- "This Is a Trackname, Parts 1, 4 & 5" -- More than 2 numbers, which are *not* in sequence are separated by a comma "," and the last one is added with an ampersand "&", the part indication in its plural form.
Using series number style and part number style, here are some examples of how various part numbers should appear:
|Part 1||Part 1a||Part A1||Part A1a||Part A||Part I||Part One|
|Parts 1 & 2||Parts 1a & 2a||Parts A1 & A2||Parts A1a & A1b||Parts A & B||Parts I & II||Parts One & Two|
|Parts 1 - 3||Parts 1a - 3a||Parts A1 - A3||Parts A1a - A1c||Parts A - C||Parts I - III||Parts One - Three|
|Parts 1 & 3||Parts 1a & 3a||Parts A1 & A3||Parts A1a & A3a||Parts A & C||Parts I & III||Parts One & Three|
|Parts 1 - 3, 5||Parts 1a - 3a, 5a||Parts A1 - A3, A5||Parts A1a - A1c, A3a||Parts A - C, E||Parts I - III, V||Parts One - Three, Five|
|Parts 1, 3 - 4||Parts 1a, 3a - 4a||Parts A1, A3 - A4||Parts A1a, A3a - A3c||Parts A, C - D||Parts I, III - IV||Parts One, Three - Four|
|Parts 1, 3 & 4||Parts 1a, 3a & 4a||Parts A1, A3 & A4||Parts A1a, A3a & A4a||Parts A, C & D||Parts I, III & IV||Parts One, Three & Four|
Please see series number style for more details.