Talk:Cleanup Of The Month
Mozart: I'd be hesitant to suggest classical, but track titles are now all cleaned up, save for ~1650 tracks which are so badly identified ("Allegro", "The Magic Flute", etc) that I can't correct them without knowing what the releases are. It's the second largest non-SPA in the database, and close to 75% of all releases have no performer info ARs or release events. A good half of them were added on expiration (0:0). Likely more than a few dupes still hiding in there, as well. -- BrianSchweitzer 05:51, 21 January 2008 (UTC)
I'm starting to think that one month isn't long enough considering the amount of moderators helping out and the amount of time we can all spend on MB (or want to spend on the one artist). Maybe two months is better? We could probably keep the 'of the Month' extension though, if an artist is cleaned up sufficiently in one month we can move on. --Mdhowe
- I wouldn't mind it being "open" for more than one month. -- FrederikSOlesen 05:56, 22 May 2007 (UTC)
Nominations for Cleanup of the Month
- Blood, Sweat & Tears
- Well known artist, but with a messy and incomplete discography.
- The Who
- I think it would be a good challenge; normal bootlegs and official bootlegs (if there is such a thing).
- John Williams
- Similar to Morricone in the number of entries, and the types of issues. Also, there are at least 8 different John Williams in the database, so easy potential for incorrect artist attributions between them.
- "Month of the Special Purpose Artist" -- BrianSchweitzer 03:43, 02 September 2007 (UTC)
- Ooh, I like this idea. --kuno.
- Non-Album Tracks
- Sen suggested in IRC that we have a CotM specifically for NATs, to clean the accumulated ones that are junk, or have since been released on official releases. -- BrianSchweitzer 03:43, 02 September 2007 (UTC)