Talk:Style/Titles/Extra title information
The original ExtraTitleInformation style guideline (pre-ngs) referenced these sub guidelines:
Of these both Soundtrack styles are not official, neither is Instrumental Style, so those references have been removed. Versus Style is largely not applicable anymore due to artist credits in NGS, a note about Mash-ups has been moved to User:kuno/Style/Specific types of releases.
NOTE: I tried to include Featuring Artist Style on this page, but wasn't happy with the result, so moved my current attempt here for the time being. --warp.
This guideline applies to cases in which one or more artists are featured on a recording or release by another artist, but not equally as they would be in a collaboration. That is, they are given credit on the cover or track listing of a release by another artist in a manner which elevates their contribution above normal liner note credits. Often, the word "featured", "feat." or "featuring" proceeds their name(s).
- File the recording/release group under the normal primary artist.
- Append the name of the secondary artist(s) to the recording or release group title as follows:
- "Put Your Lights On (feat. Everlast)"
- Add Advanced Relationships of the Performance Relationship Class to link to the featured artist(s') entries in MusicBrainz.
- If a track features both "Foo" and "Bar", it should be entered as "... (feat. Foo & Bar)". For more than two: "... (feat. Foo, Bar, Baz ... & Quux)".