From MusicBrainz WikiJump to navigationJump to search
My name is Aaron Cooper and you'll see me around MusicBrainz as cooperaa. Here's what I'm listening to: http://last.fm/user/cooperaa. I speak (.. info lost? ..)
My Favourite Edit Searches:
- adding tracks to releases (English only)
- newest add release edits (English only)
- Releases with "official release date" in their Annotation which would lead me to believe they were added before their release date and still need to be verified. Ideally, this will turn up no results.
My To-Do List
- keep [./LiveMetallica.com] up-to-date
- don't forget about /MyDreamTagger
- RFC for /UpdatingSubscriptionMails
- RFC for IncreasingVoterParticipation
- RFC for ClassicalReleaseArtistStyleProposal
- Add entire Complete Beethoven Edition boxset
- Work on CSGStandard/Beethoven
- Add entire Bach Die Completen Werke
- Work on CSGStandard/JSBach
My TextExpander Shortcuts:
I use these to save myself time and to hopefully provide useful information to other editors. TextExpander is an application for Mac OS-X that has saved me having to type 33,339 more characters (so far!).
- Style Guidelines: * wkcap - CapitalizationStandardEnglish * wkdisc - DiscNumberStyle * wkext - ExtraTitleInformationStyle * wkfeat - FeaturingArtistStyle * wkcra - ClassicalReleaseArtistStyle * wkcrt - ClassicalReleaseTitleStyle * wkcsg - ClassicalStyleGuide * wkcsd - ClassicalStyleGuideDiscussion * wkctt - ClassicalTrackTitleStyle * wkngs - NextGenerationSchema * wkpic - PicardQt * wkremix - RemixStyle * wkvol - VolumeNumberStyle Voting Comments: * vadd - "Please do not add tracks to a release unless you are positive that the tracks belong on this version of the release. It is quite common for different track lists to exist as albums are reissued and released in different countries." * vgc - "Please remember to use the Guess Case button to correct track- and release title capitalization and other minor official style issues." * vproof - "Please provide proof to support your edits so that we can keep track of where information is coming from. Down the road, we may need to verify something and having access to the original sources of information would be very helpful - not to mention we may be able to help dig up more information."
Greasemonkey Scripts That Make Editing So Much Nicer:
- MB Links to Similar Artists: shows links to similar MusicBrainz artists (based on Last.fm datafeeds)
- Highlight Subscribed Artists: shows which artists you have subscribed to by underlining them in yellow.
- Release URLs: shows Amazon/Discogs/Wiki favicons next to releases that have the URLs related.
- MusicBrainz Searches: shows favicons you can use to search on release and artist names.
- add the following lines to the end of the script with the rest of the searches:
addSite("Wiki","http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&q=wiki+","Wiki",false,"http://www.wikipedia.org/favicon.ico"); addSite("Amazon","http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/external-search/?mode=music&field-keywords=","Am",true,"http://amazon.co.uk/favicon.ico"); addSite("Discogs","http://www.discogs.com/search?type=all&btn=Search&q=","Disc",false,"http://www.discogs.com/favicon.ico");