User:DavitoF/How To Link Works Together
From MusicBrainz Wiki
< User:DavitoFJump to navigationJump to search
There are several relations you can enter between works. It is sometimes difficult to choose the correct one. Here are a few hints.
- for new versions of the work by the same author (similar instrumentation), use Revision
- for arrangements (modifications in the music such as adding or removing sections, ) use Arrangement
- for transciptions (same music but different instrument(s)) use Transcription (Bach choral/Busoni transcription)
- for new versions of the work by a different author, use Other version
- when works are too different to use the arrangement relation, use Based on (Bach partita/Gounod Ave maria)
- when several works are assembled into one, use Medley
- to describe how a work is made of sub-parts, use Parts
I won't use Stravinsky's Petroushka (1911 version/1947 version) in the examples because I can't decide if the title should use the French or the English spelling : but should Revision or Version AR be used?