- 1 Who am I?
- 2 What am I doing in MB?
- 3 What does that means for you?
- 4 Editing suggestions
- 5 Young blood that matters
- 6 Ol' mates
- 7 Catching up some n00bs
- 8 Other bookmarked editors
- 9 TODO
- 10 Things I should watch on a regular basis and I don't
- 11 Funniest typos
- 12 Extremely politically incorrect thoughts
- 13 Spoken languages
Who am I?
I'm a Brainzer mainly known as dmppanda (though I sometime use random other nicks: Mangled, workingMoose, chocoMoose...). My emails are usually just signed Olivier.
During the ol' days, I was formerly known as The Creature of Dr teleSTEIN, and as The Crazy Annotations Master.
What am I doing in MB?
As an editor:
- I'm working mostly in the jazz part of the database, though I sometime make intrusions into other territories, from hip-hop to classical, to anything sounding experimental, head-shakin' or body movin'
- To some extent, I'm also involved in the effort to enhance the French data. The tracking page for that effort is the infamous FrogsTidyingMarathon.
- I have around 1800 subscribed artists on which I usually review every change. Though I'm not the "biggest" subscriber here (I think at least mudcrow and drsaunde have more), I may be the bitchiest.
- I have a soft-spot for intensive discographic research and release data documentation. From time to time, I'm also chasing bogus DiscIDs.
- Along with Joan Whittaker, we made some massive harmonization on jazz titles, archived in Jazz/Compositions.
- I'm an auto-editor since 2006/05, and have now contributed around 35.000 edits
- Lately, I have been working mainly on the Fantasy/Concord vaults.
As a WikiZen:
- I'am the author of various tomfooleries, from the Completist to the aforementioned FrogsTidyingMarathon...
- ... and started learning to handle MoinMoin while setting-up the Jazz section...
- ... wrote the Label documentation (most of which can be seen in a flat display by looking at the), and rewrote the "" docs
- I now am a TransclusionEditor maintaining a number of WikiDocs, and a member of the AdminGroup
- With murdos, my partner-in-crime WikiWarden, we recently "took over" the Wiki in the hope to make a difference enhancing its overall quality, and make some big strides in moving it forward. Some of the efforts related to this noble task are documented under the WikiWardening page
- I also started maintaining bug tracking pages organized by topics (LabelFuture, AnnotationFuture, ...)
As a community chit-chatter:
- I usually participate in the MailingList
s discussions: mainly the style list, discussions about Labels and french stuff, and other random topics I feel inclined to participate in
- Depending on the period of the year, I wander on the IRC channel, be it for moosing mo or trying to help newbies
- Once in a while, I check the MusicBrainzForum
s, though I can't say I'm fond of forums
Random other stuff I introduced:
- AdvancedRelationship artist wrote liner notes for release.
- the new language Artificial (Other) (see the badly misnamed ArtificialArtists)
What does that means for you?
- Edit my artists with extra-care, or face my wrath :-)
Contact me  if you need:
- help on documenting, researching, or editing (jazz) material
- help on fixing French spelling or capitalization 
- help on some other topic... don't expect miracles, though :-)
... or if you:
- want to participate in the WikiWardening efforts
- have ideas to enhance the documentation
- want some specific WikiPage to be put in the TransclusionTable
- want some specific WikiPage to be removed/renamed
 be aware that I sometime disappear from MusicBrainz due to the obligation to earn my living :-) . In such cases, I still answer private mails, though I'm less active.
- If you're a jazz geek, you may want to take a look at either the Jazz/Compositions or Jazz/Collections pages
- If you have enough French in your bag and want to mess with it, try the FrogsTidyingMarathon
- If you have a taste for tortuous and painful discographic researchs, help me fix one of these:
- Django Reinhardt
- Thelonious Monk
- Eric Dolphy
- Charlie Parker
- Billie Holiday
- Ella Fitzgerald
- Duke Ellington
- Erik Satie
- Ornette Coleman
- Charles Mingus
Young blood that matters
Watch them. They are doing good. With your advices and votes, they can learn further and do very good.
- AnAlach (Editor:AnAlach) open list: working mostly on French stuff. Has been under murdos continuous and merciless surveillance for quite some time (which means "accuracy", "research intensive", "behaving well").
- Jugdish (Editor:Jugdish) open list: Methodical, efficient. I'm impressed. Keep it on!
- jahrynx (Editor:jahrynx) open stack: yet another French editor (come over, French community!), I noticed him only recently (courtesy drsaunde). Somewhat an old-timer, jahrynx has been working in an almost deserted section of the database (reggae/dub/thingies), and struggled with editing loneliness. Hopefully, he'll now suffer additional bitchin' reviews and unlimited support from fellow editors murdos and AnAlach (plus of course drsaunde and myself).
- murdos (Editor:murdos) working stack
- teleSTEIN (Editor:teleguise) suspicious activities :D
- Beth aka Nyght (Editor:Nyght) open list
- mo (Editor:mo) cat's grooves
- Zout (Editor:zout) open mods
- Shepard (Editor:shepard) Shepherding occupations
- Yllona Richardson (Editor:Yllona+Richardson) The Jazz Ruler
- Joan Whittaker (Editor:Joan+Whittaker) The Apostrophe Queen
- drsaunde (Editor:drsaunde) The Abominable Dr. Saunde
- Marcel Editor:Bad_Seed, who always answer yes for my spanish/portuguese laundry
- mudcrow (Editor:mudcrow) open-pile
Catching up some n00bs
- Editor:SaiyanRiku french n00b
- Editor:Kaptain+Chaos n00b messing with Charlier Parker
Other bookmarked editors
- Editor:mbase1235 a.k.a. Steve Coleman, on the project to fix his own discography
- tetedechou (Editor:tetedechou): an editor doing a lot of interesting adds to the jazz section
- Yurim (Editor:Yurim) open list: doing some really good work
- re-open capitalization style for abreviated words like 'Round
- verify albums with Multiple Language set / No Language set
- kill Jazz/Labels
- rewrite all Jazz
- instruments "tap dancing" (Who used to dance) and "pocket trumpet" (Don Cherry)
- 2090: title length limit too small
- GuessCase strange behavior on "Sittin' and Rockin'"
- GuessCase french mode horked
- Have a report of all (supposed) homebrew discid
- release date: mom' lil' helper
- A XUL interface to the web service and/or the web site
Things I should watch on a regular basis and I don't
I like typos. Some of them I think were (very) funny:
- L'idole des jaunes
- Would You Lie to Take a Walk?
- Take Lobe Easy
- Gimme a Pigfoot and a Bottle of Bear
- I Cover the Waterfont
- There Is No Greater Lover
- Being the Beguine
Extremely politically incorrect thoughts
Disclaimer: whoever you are, don't you ever mention me as a reference if you think the same. These thoughts are the shame of the community, counter-productive, dangerous, and I'll deny I ever thought them if somebody asks me.
That being said...
- "Preserving (album version) into titles just sucks"
- "Using sentence mode for french capitalization is the laziest and most stupid move done by the french editors in MB *ever*. Nice going guys."
- "Go to hell composer style!" (Shepard in a great moment of inspiration)