This is a proposal to add a "sub-" attribute to the Publisher Relationship Type.
Ideally, this relationship would have a locale selection drop-down menu like Aliases have, since sub-publishers typically only have rights to entities in select countries or regions.
This indicates the publisher of an entity. The publisher is the person or organization that manufactures (or contracts out manufacturing), distributes (or contracts out distribution), and promotes (or contracts out promotion).
- Artist published Release
- Release was published by Artist
- Artist published Work
- Work was published by Artist
- Label published Release
- Release was published by Label
- Label published Work
- Work was published by Label
- start date
- This indicates the date the publisher first had the rights to publish the recording.
- end date
- This indicates the date the publisher last had the rights to publish the recording.
- This indicates a minor or subsidiary role.
- This indicates that the publisher subcontracted through a main publisher to publish an entity in a specific territory.
This is not the same concept as the record label.