The idea is to have a ranking of artists, based on mostly objective criteria. The reason for this is more fun to clean up artists (like: I want to have my favorite band be fully cleaned up, and let others know). These artists are then also a show case what can be achieved with the full level of MusicBrainz interlinked data!
The proposed criteria are (only for artists that have a discography):
- Has "full" discography on overview page, which means all release groups are cleaned up (merged, have correct type) and all official studio albums / EPs / singles are present as release groups. Usually this means the overview page obsoletes the Wikipedia discography.
- All musical artist relationships are set (performs as, all band members).
- The artist and all members (for groups) have all available artist info filled in (IPI(!), begin/end date, country, gender, ...)
- All external links are set (official homepage, lyrics, allmusic, discogs, youtube, twitter, facebook, ...).
- All duplicate artists merged, artist comment set for all artists with the same name.
- All releases are cleaned up, which means medium type, date, label, barcode, ASIN and discogs links are set so they exist, duplicates merged.
- All official releases are present (e.g. there is no non-promo/non-bootleg release in Discogs which is not in MusicBrainz).
- All recordings are cleaned up, which means there are no two recordings with the same name and no recording comment.
- All recordings (besides ones like [silence], etc.) are linked to works.
- All works have the correct type and have an ISWC set if available.
- All external links are set (lyrics, allmusic, discogs, ASIN, ...) for all entities (works, releases, release groups, ...).
- All works have (correct) writer/composer/lyricist relationships
- All available (through liner notes, other trustful sources) musical relationships set (mastered by, recorded by, guest vocalists, ...)
If an artist is in Platinum state nothing more can be added/corrected for the artist, except when MusicBrainz gets new features or new releases appear or new information is available.
- New Look (Italo-disco act of the mid 1980s)
- Esben and the Witch
- French Films
- Knarf Rellöm Trinity
- New Look (Canadian duo Adam Pavao and Sarah Ruba)
- Ter Haar