Who am I?
Currently working with
I have both MusicBrainz and Discogs databases installed on PostgreSQL. I am currently trying to improve linking between those. Bot code can be found at musicbrainz-bot and code that produces Discogs database from monthly XML dumps found at discogs-xml2db.
Here is userscript that makes voting for Discogs links easier.
- Release links identified by exact match on catalog number, release name, linked label, format, same number of tracks and same release country.
Possible future sets
Set descriptions and number of links
- Artist (type:group) name with exact (case insensitive) match, have members with Discogs links, all members found that way have been also market as members in Discogs entry.
- Artist name with exact (case insensitive) match, is member of groups with Discogs links, all groups found that way have same Discogs artist as member.
- Artist that have Discogs link, and not have type(person/group) set, and have multiple members in Discogs (indicating type:group)
- Artist that have Discogs link, and not have type(person/group) set, and have Discogs realname without characters "&,/+" and word "and" (indicating type:person)
Bot tasks done
- Artist Discogs links
- Exact name match. Have release(s) with Discogs links. All releases found that way point on same artist at Discogs.
Bot programming tasks
|MusicBrainz Total||Discogs Total||Links (all these are not unique)||Percent done (compared to smaller total)||Sum of unique MusicBrainz releases connected to linked entities||Percent of all MusicBrainz releases||Sum of unique Discogs releases connected to linked entities||Percent of all Discogs releases|
|Label:||55844||245988||16004||(29%)||414436||(42%) see note||1542803||(57%)|
note: In MB only 567392 releases have label information, and 420909 don't have.
|MusicBrainz Total||Discogs Total||Links (all these are not unique)||Percent done (compared to smaller total)|