Who am I?
Currently working with
I have both MusicBrainz and Discogs databases installed on PostgreSQL. I am currently trying to improve linking between those. Bot code can be found at musicbrainz-bot and code that produces Discogs database from monthly XML dumps found at discogs-xml2db.
Here is userscript that makes voting for Discogs links easier.
- Release links identified by exact match on catalog number, release name, linked label, format and same number of tracks. See example
Possible future sets
Set descriptions and number of links
- Artist (type:group) name with exact (case insensitive) match, have members with Discogs links, all members found that way have been also market as members in Discogs entry.
- Artist name with exact (case insensitive) match, is member of groups with Discogs links, all groups found that way have same Discogs artist as member.
- Artist that have Discogs link, and not have type(person/group) set, and have multiple members in Discogs (indicating type:group)
- Artist that have Discogs link, and not have type(person/group) set, and have Discogs realname without characters "&,/+" and word "and" (indicating type:person)
Bot tasks done
- Artist Discogs links
- Exact name match. Have release(s) with Discogs links. All releases found that way point on same artist at Discogs.
Bot programming tasks
|MusicBrainz Total||Discogs Total||Links (all these are not unique)||Percent done (compared to smaller total)||Sum of unique MusicBrainz releases connected to linked entities||Percent of all MusicBrainz releases||Sum of unique Discogs releases connected to linked entities||Percent of all Discogs releases|
|Label:||55844||245988||16004||(29%)||414436||(42%) see note||1542803||(57%)|
note: In MB only 567392 releases have label information, and 420909 don't have.