Warp is an automatic audio file metadata tagger which uses the MusicBrainz Python library musicbrainzngs. Warp is free and open-source, and is released under the GPL license. Warp should work on any platform that runs Python 2.7.
- Able to automatically tag any MP3, Ogg Vorbis or FLAC file, that as already been tagged in Picard.
- Able to run recursively on a set of directories - update your whole music library in one command!
- Configurable options file to allow for customization of the tagging process.
- Can save either ID3v2.3 or v2.4 tags, and can remove APEv2 tags from MP3 files.
- Can download cover art from the Cover Art Archive and add to all supported filetypes.
- Can ignore certain directories, if the user creates an empty "warp-ignore" file in the target directory.
- Download the source distribution from https://github.com/LordSputnik/mb-masstagger.
- Install Python, distutils, and pip.
- Using pip, install musicbrainzngs and mutagen.
- Copy the *.py files and options file into the directory you want to update.
- Run "python MassTagger.py"
The first thing to do is install the required dependencies, if you don't already have them. These dependencies are:
- Python 2.7
If you already have all of these, skip to Installation (Warp).