My name is Oliver Charles and I've been interested in MusicBrainz since the start of 2006. Around April 2007 I'd entered about 600 edits into the database, and decided to start also taking in intrest in the development in MB. On this page you can find out some of the stuff I've done (until I become a major contributor and there's too much to list. Hey, I can wish!).
This year (2008) I'm considering participating in Google's Summer of Code, and I'm sketching ideas out in my GSoC page - feedback appreciated!
- cl-musicbrainz: I wrote a Common Lisp library for interfacing with the MusicBrainz XML Web Service
- PicardScreencasts: I recorded a few screencasts for new users to Picard
- PythonMusicBrainz2 Label Support: A few days after label support was added, I wrote a fairly large patch to add label support to PythonMusicBrainz2.
- PicardQT Cover Artwork Plugin: I rewrote the amazon cover art plugin to use CoverArtLink relations, and degrade gracefully through different types of album artwork.
- Bleep.com importer: Simple GreaseMonkey script to import releases from Bleep.com
- MixEngineerAlias: A mini database of alias that mix engineers write on the runout etchings of vinyl.
Talking to me
I can be reached on IRC most of the time - aCiD2 is my alias, and I'm often in the MusicBrainz channel.
The following is probably not much use to anyone except my self.
- Lamb - What Sound: Need to finish adding the huge amount of relationships to this release
- To split (need to be split into separate discs):