Difference between revisions of "User:PBryan/mbdiscid"
m (9 revision(s))
Revision as of 16:34, 15 March 2009
The mbdiscid script will compute the MusicBrainz disc ID for an inserted disc, and either:
- submit the disc ID to MusicBrainz through a browser, or
- print the disc ID of the inserted disc.
- Device-Cdio (Ubuntu package: libdevice-cdio-perl)
- Digest-SHA1 (Ubuntu package: libdigest-sha1-perl)
- Getopt-ArgvFile (Ubuntu package: libgetopt-argvfile-perl)
- This script is tested on Ubuntu 8.10; mileage may vary on other platforms.
- This script is licensed under the GPL 2.0 or later.
Usage: mbdiscid [options]
Option Description Default --action=action Action to perform. submit --browser=program Name of program to execute as browser. sensible-browser --device=device CD-ROM device to query. /dev/cdrom --help Display this help message. --mbserver=server MusicBrainz server to query. musicbrainz.org --quiet Quiet operation, no screen output. --verbose Verbose output of progress information.
The --action option determines what action this script should perform. The choices are:
Action Description Print the disc ID of the inserted disc. submit Submit the disc ID to MusicBrainz through browser.
You can store persistent command-line options in a file called .mbdiscid in your home directory. They will be read as defaults prior to processing any passed command-line options.
- Support discs with multiple data tracks. (IRC: nikki)
- Initial version released to MusicBrainz.