This is a list of users making bad edits and not learning. I will remove them from this list if this changes.
They either do not read their mails, do not get them, or willfully ignore them (unfortunately I cannot know, but that does not make a difference in practice: incorrect edits still keep coming). Of course the "No cancel" is usually a given when I say "No reply".
In a sane world, they should be forced to take action before being able to make new edits. However, we are not in one: http://tickets.musicbrainz.org/browse/MBS-8399
The problem with not knowing if the user will respond is real. It's a huge waste of time, for both voters and editors. Here are a few examples of well-behaved editors who do not get notifications: https://musicbrainz.org/edit/31761587 https://musicbrainz.org/edit/31725549 https://musicbrainz.org/edit/32230321
NOTE: This page is a mess but the main goal is to know if interacting with an user has been tried, so less time is lost trying to talk to walls. If you manage to contact an user on this page (through MB or any other way), or you see yourself there, please contact me! I am very interested.
- 1 Examples of where there was no reason to not respond and everything is worse because this problem is not handled
- 2 Newcomers
- 3 Current concerns
- 3.1 https://musicbrainz.org/user/Alfg
- 3.2 https://musicbrainz.org/user/airra
- 3.3 https://musicbrainz.org/user/JM.Beaubourg
- 3.4 https://musicbrainz.org/user/AzoreanGigolo
- 3.5 https://musicbrainz.org/user/klaggu
- 3.6 https://musicbrainz.org/user/kuno
- 3.7 https://musicbrainz.org/user/sc-content
- 3.8 https://musicbrainz.org/user/liftarn
- 3.9 https://musicbrainz.org/user/FIANHYDE
- 3.10 https://musicbrainz.org/user/alanzata100
- 3.11 https://musicbrainz.org/user/sebidule
- 3.12 https://musicbrainz.org/user/cheekyrascal
- 3.13 Sockpuppets
- 3.14 https://musicbrainz.org/user/VilainChien
- 3.15 http://musicbrainz.org/user/Madrios
- 3.16 http://musicbrainz.org/user/yktsg
- 3.17 http://musicbrainz.org/user/anon987
- 3.18 http://musicbrainz.org/user/Valfar00
- 3.19 http://musicbrainz.org/user/notmebug
- 3.20 http://musicbrainz.org/user/pszihopata85
- 3.21 http://musicbrainz.org/user/dadosalgueiro
- 3.22 http://musicbrainz.org/user/jimmydorkbot
- 3.23 http://musicbrainz.org/user/soularme
- 3.24 http://musicbrainz.org/user/Siwonder
- 3.25 https://musicbrainz.org/user/lenne
- 3.26 https://musicbrainz.org/user/sillentdx
- 3.27 https://musicbrainz.org/user/cktse
- 3.28 https://musicbrainz.org/user/Studio%20XV
- 3.29 https://musicbrainz.org/user/Avesta2000
- 3.30 https://musicbrainz.org/user/ezz9
- 4 Past honorable mentions
- 4.1 http://musicbrainz.org/user/Deleted%20Editor%20%231286306/edits/cancelled
- 4.2 http://musicbrainz.org/user/ff89 (deleted)
- 4.3 http://musicbrainz.org/user/Caravanheart (deleted)
- 4.4 http://musicbrainz.org/user/Deleted%20Editor%20%23630107 http://musicbrainz.org/user/dvojchenkov
- 4.5 Likedis Auto
- 4.6 ?
- 4.7 ?
- 4.8 https://musicbrainz.org/user/SittersWiki
- 5 SensCritique
Examples of where there was no reason to not respond and everything is worse because this problem is not handled
- https://musicbrainz.org/edit/33190084 https://musicbrainz.org/edit/35063479
- http://musicbrainz.org/user/hpourchasse (add valid releases with discids, but do not answer to notes nor emails, totally ignore guidelines, 'yes' in all edit comments)
- http://musicbrainz.org/user/aggro-x (does not make too many mistakes but doesn't seem to get the notifications)
- http://musicbrainz.org/user/grimy55 (I think he gets the notifications but doesn't appear to learn, even though it would help him like using the Discogs userscript)
- http://musicbrainz.org/user/MrTesla does the exact same mistake after I tell him not to - apparently voluntarily: https://musicbrainz.org/edit/34277459 (unsurprisingly is a sens critique user)
- http://musicbrainz.org/user/Mathirivas zero reply and makes bad edits. likely never got any mail so continues doing wrong things without knowing it
- http://musicbrainz.org/user/timothy062691 hijacks recordings even after being told not to
- https://musicbrainz.org/user/tonyschuite bad sloppy edits and doesn't learn
- https://musicbrainz.org/user/lonelylemon does things mostly right but doesn't get notifications
- https://musicbrainz.org/user/dominio74 adds artwork for the wrong editions
- https://musicbrainz.org/user/neilwow another mostly wrong artwork adder
- https://musicbrainz.org/user/aidan.gilbert uses "None." as a note to avoid the requirements, selects wrong artists despite very clear disambiguations and annotations
- https://musicbrainz.org/user/dvratar huge stream of mostly the same mistakes (like uploading thumbnails instead of the actual image), despite being told how not to do them; unresponsive so far
- https://musicbrainz.org/user/SkuliOskarsson adds releases from mp3 files from god knows where, merges recordings just because they have the same name
- https://musicbrainz.org/user/KebabFrites https://musicbrainz.org/edit/33436130
- https://musicbrainz.org/user/silentbird makes decent edits but almost never leaves notes; does not seem to get notifications
- https://musicbrainz.org/user/oldsoul unresponsive, liar https://musicbrainz.org/edit/29672879, misuses country, language and script, adds dupes, mashes keyboard on edit notes
- https://musicbrainz.org/user/sombranox cover art of wrong editions
- https://musicbrainz.org/user/KeltkeGK hijacks existing releases, even though they're complete and well sourced
- https://musicbrainz.org/user/k38k hijacks existing releases, even though they're complete and well sourced
- https://musicbrainz.org/user/shoothypotenuse bad artwork, unresponsive
- https://musicbrainz.org/user/ramdam69 various bad edits, unresponsive so far
- https://musicbrainz.org/user/wiredguitarist yet another serial bad artwork uploader
- https://musicbrainz.org/user/Gagaha adds (watermarked) artwork to wrong edition, no edit note. adds various artists as artist=label and artists in titles, generally a blind and unresponsive importer
- https://musicbrainz.org/user/kelt_ wrong cover art, continues after being explained and asked for proofs
- https://musicbrainz.org/user/gh0stb0y very likely to be another account of kelt_ (same mistakes, same artists)
- https://musicbrainz.org/user/bhei bad edits including auto edits (as a limited users, shouldn't even the auto edits be votable?)
- https://musicbrainz.org/user/DeathThrone bad cover art, suspected alias of kelt_/gh0stb0y - unlike the first two has responded, but let's see if it changes the next edits
- https://musicbrainz.org/user/mrhunt adds compilations with very little effort and an history of wrong credits. no response, other editors tried
- https://musicbrainz.org/user/PiggyGenius adds random artwork from google images, bad quality/wrong, as well as other bad edits
- https://musicbrainz.org/user/AntiBodies wrong artwork despite easy proof available, replaces correct artwork by wrong artwork because of personal preferences
- https://musicbrainz.org/user/Marcos666 wrong cover art, unsourced, adds thumbnails
- https://musicbrainz.org/user/sibilant does the same mistakes and rarely replies. Tried to gaslight me in an effort to make me go away (https://musicbrainz.org/edit/40866311)
- https://musicbrainz.org/user/le%20plus%20beaux%20des%20pingouins blind importer, wrong artists chosen if not worse - no response so far
- https://musicbrainz.org/user/Sondrigame adds wrong artwork, selects all(!) types
- https://musicbrainz.org/user/bellami spams its own illegal and useless website
- https://musicbrainz.org/user/Goffredo uploads wrong artwork as well as other mistakes, does not improve or respond
- https://musicbrainz.org/user/DC118DC lots of wrong edits that went unchecked, some reverting should be done
- https://musicbrainz.org/user/The-Jester added lot of dubiously sourced artwork, links to pirate blogs as "discography"
- https://musicbrainz.org/user/Roulie serial bad artwork adder, I've only managed to get a nonsensical reply, sens critique user
- https://musicbrainz.org/user/Ardakilic a majority of wrong artwork
- https://musicbrainz.org/user/bicodegas a majority of wrong artwork
- https://musicbrainz.org/user/BenFranske doesn't understand, or doesn't want to understand artist credits, doing dangerous destructive edits
- https://musicbrainz.org/user/bluebow yet another wrong cover art uploader (this time for the wrong releases, not just the wrong editions)
- https://musicbrainz.org/user/Anto_Lang along the string of incorrect edits, knowingly changed bootleg releases from bootleg to official so they could appear on... wait for it... sens critique! made destructive edits (like removing releases because there was more than one in a release group?!), should be banned.
- https://musicbrainz.org/user/Dominopute wrong artwork, duplicates. whines instead of fixing his mistakes. obviously, sens critique user.
- https://musicbrainz.org/user/fibblydooda extremely small images, also wrong editions including very obvious ones (mono on release info, stereo on cover uploaded)
- https://musicbrainz.org/user/iqb0 wrong artwork, thumbnails, puts URLs in comments instead of note
- https://musicbrainz.org/user/Rest_ORN added fictional artists
- https://musicbrainz.org/user/Zerhogie typical sens critique user: wrong artwork, won't reply unless absolutely forced to, doesn't understand the most basic things
- https://musicbrainz.org/user/nfuzh enters empty edit notes (though the interface actively prevents you from doing that), uses very obviously wrong artist credits
- https://musicbrainz.org/user/mvalenzu adds dubious releases with very obviously wrong artist credits
- https://musicbrainz.org/user/billyhatcher18 adds review links to a website that is probably his, and that moreover… has no actual review on it. among other wrong edits. same username is also making bad edits on discogs like hijacking existing releases, ended up on http://www.discogs.com/help/cip_list
- https://musicbrainz.org/user/sdvergn677iascasfsg looks like a throwaway, but just in case
- https://musicbrainz.org/user/EagleOwlRecords adds dubious releases of an artist that is probably himself, both being 17 years old Brazilians
- https://musicbrainz.org/user/lele87s adds mostly wrong cover art, some were unfortunately applied. albunack.net user, also very often uses the wrong entities even when obvious
- https://musicbrainz.org/user/Elfast https://musicbrainz.org/edit/35552483
- https://musicbrainz.org/user/Metalyogi changes digital medias to CDs (probably worse ahead, given it's a sens critique user)
- https://musicbrainz.org/user/saby makes questionable edits, never leaves notes, never responds to notes left by others
- https://musicbrainz.org/user/qbly was once a respectable editor but has recently regressed to the point of never leaving notes
- https://musicbrainz.org/user/Moreno73rus adds duplicate cover art (https://musicbrainz.org/edit/35791661) or cover art for wrong editions (https://musicbrainz.org/edit/35762260)
- https://musicbrainz.org/user/SuperSoaker adds cover art for wrong editions, puts the resolution for front covers in the comment box
- https://musicbrainz.org/user/nobush yet another editor who never responds to notes https://musicbrainz.org/edit/35959439
- https://musicbrainz.org/user/victorporto98 and https://musicbrainz.org/user/victorporto99 is known to add fake data
- https://musicbrainz.org/user/RobRob94 is known to add fake data
- https://musicbrainz.org/user/juanjava adds data based on low quality sources and doesn't respond to comments
- https://musicbrainz.org/user/Phil.B tends to add wrong cover art (https://musicbrainz.org/edit/75208800, https://musicbrainz.org/edit/75229851, https://musicbrainz.org/edit/76928698), picks incorrect medium format (https://musicbrainz.org/edit/77471848, https://musicbrainz.org/edit/77498052, https://musicbrainz.org/edit/77471642)
Adds releases with only "see covers" as an edit note, and then refuses to provide sources for those covers. https://musicbrainz.org/edit/36074350
Has previously been called out for adding covers to incorrect editions. https://musicbrainz.org/edit/18933527
Adds duplicate release groups (and occasionally duplicate releases). Never provides any actual sources, electing instead to use some meaningless "collection number" as an edit note (and only when required to do so, i.e. from the release editor). Gets notifications (I managed to eke out a reply in https://musicbrainz.org/edit/35723676) but does not listen to advice and has no intention of changing his/her/its ways.
Makes various edits (including destructive ones like https://musicbrainz.org/edit/35063479) and almost never leaves notes. Does not respond to notes left by others.
AlbumArtExchange user. Thinks the Cover Art Archive is the place to show off his graphic design skills. Believes every cover image needs to be "corrected" because of "JPG artifacts" or other bullshit, showing a complete lack of respect for the original cover designers' choices. On top of this he stamps his own copyright notice on these "corrected" covers and mocks anyone who believes he's not doing the right thing: https://musicbrainz.org/edit/35668833
Instead of arguing his case, resorted to insults https://musicbrainz.org/edit/35250844 and proceeded to mass-No vote on pankkake's edits. His current No vote count is 988.
Adds wrong labels for no reason, and fake digital store exclusives, both going against the community consensus. Acts in bad faith: https://musicbrainz.org/edit/34955076 https://musicbrainz.org/edit/35459129 Certainly should not be an auto editor, and since then has continued making the same disapproved edits as auto-edits. Should be banned.
Official Sens Critique account. Shared by multiple users, making it tedious to make them learn things about editing properly. Does edits that generally care about how Sens Critique handles releases, but not how MusicBrainz handles them - wrong information is not bothering this user. Generally, Sens Critique is a populated by terrible users. They even censored my posts there asking them to check comments on their edits. Should be banned, and SensCritique banned from using MusicBrainz.
Has an unfortunate, long history of ignoring most of the things that are said to him. Does not care about things being accurate: https://musicbrainz.org/edit/35349740
Has changed the same artist name multiple times, as an auto-edit, going against the community consensus. Has clearly no interest in changing, so should be banned. https://musicbrainz.org/edit/34668692
Renamed artists to completely change what they were; unfortunately, some of his edits were applied.
Adds duplicate releases, shows no signs of changing and no interaction. Also duplicates release groups even when the release is not a duplicate. Adds release to wrong artists. Hijacks existing releases, like CD reissues to set the earliest release date (including impossible dates for CDs). Adds bogus labels from iTunes copyright holders. Adds to wrong entities even when very clear disambiguations are set (including "do not use as a label").
Since he makes the same mistakes again and again and never responded, I tried to contact "sebidule" users found on other many websites, directly through an e-mail I found that way, and sebidule@ at many popuplar e-mail providers.
Twitter archives seem to suggest it was a Sens Critique user.
Adds wrong release artwork, sometimes even unrelated (album covers to bootleg lives). No signs of change, and a huge part, if not the majority, of the edits are completely wrong; you'd think selecting a random release image would get better results, but comically, no.
https://musicbrainz.org/edit/32248764 This is vandalism plain and simple.
Adds wrong artwork - even after being told how not to do it - https://musicbrainz.org/edit/32465483
https://musicbrainz.org/user/Tintawazoo friend or sockpuppet, does similar terrible edits. https://musicbrainz.org/edit/34516431 others similar users: https://musicbrainz.org/user/lefelz https://musicbrainz.org/user/Flo%20FX https://musicbrainz.org/user/IdrisR https://musicbrainz.org/user/TagoMagouille
Those took part in a covert operation to approve objectively wrong edits in the hope of trolling a third party website, and as such should be considered garbage and banned.
Currently adds releases with just "Bla" as the tracklist. Past history of bad edits.
- email address unset Nikki (talk) 23:16, 6 March 2015 (UTC)
-- Re-verified but no new edits yet. -- HibiscusKazeneko (talk) 01:49, 26 March 2015 (UTC)
--- Update: He just started editing again. The first recent edit I see looks innocuous enough, but I've still got my eye out. -- HibiscusKazeneko (talk) 19:02, 6 May 2015 (UTC)
Sets CDs as CD-R without proof; does not reply or listen.
Keeps adding cover art with only "from google" as an edit note, despite being told not to. Has often added the wrong artwork for releases, as expected when you're looking for artwork "from google". Does not reply.
So far zero reply to inquiries, repeats mistakes that have been explained before. Has repeated mistakes in less than a week many times, even if warned each time, and suggested to just leave empty instead of putting a wrong value.
- Packaging to None on physical releases. It actually requires less work to not put the incorrect data.
- Always sets releases to Worldwide.
- Uploaded cover art that was for the wrong releases.
- English/Latin regardless of tracklist, even when there is Cyrillic script!
- Adds duplicates.
- Pushes lazyness to a new level: edit #31967163
- Puts Discogs IDs as Label Code
- Changes medium type of proven releases (with existing links), without proof. https://musicbrainz.org/edit/32612885 (does the same edit in 3 days!) https://musicbrainz.org/edit/32714574
- Adds catalog numbers from other releases (not even same name)
Probably the most "creative" bad editor I have seen, to the point it could be a very dedicated troll.
It turns out it is yet another SensCritique user (probably one of our oldest offenders) and he openly refuses to read edit notes left to him: https://musicbrainz.org/edit/35556869
Appears to be a "bug me not" login, shared to multiple users. Has an history of very bad edits on completely distinct genres. Should obviously be forced to reconfirm its email.
- edit #31610508 is the only remotely recent edit where anyone has left an edit note or voted no... which is also the most recent edit they've made. While I suspect they probably aren't checking the email address, I'm not going to unset the email address based on old edits and a single questionable recent edit which wasn't clearly asking for a response. Nikki (talk) 23:39, 5 March 2015 (UTC)
Adding wrong cover art and hijacking existing releases (including impossible dates for CDs).
Adds fictional bands. Yes, you read me: bands that do not exist, with always some weird Blogspot page he edited himself. Has tried multiple times, including adding the "band" under wrong names.
Does many bad edits (hijacks existing releases, adds wrong cover art, adds dimensions in image comments), so far unresponsive.
- email unset Nikki (talk) 14:39, 18 February 2015 (UTC)
-- He re-verified and is back to making questionable edits. HibiscusKazeneko (talk) 17:49, 27 February 2015 (UTC)
--- the exact same mistakes too (like size in image commment…), so either put another temporary mail or is malevolent --Pankkake (talk) 11:39, 4 March 2015 (UTC)
Still doing the same months after, should not be allowed to do this.
- Seconded. We need a more rigorous re-verification process. -- HibiscusKazeneko (talk) 20:07, 2 July 2015 (UTC)
- User is actually aware and voluntarily does bad edits: https://musicbrainz.org/edit/33836062 --Pankkake (talk) 17:43, 8 July 2015 (UTC)
Adds artists and releases without checking to see if they already exist. Does not seem to respond to edit notes.
Same mistakes as soularme. Does not appear to respond to edit notes either.
Adds patchy releases from artists' discography pages. Does not respond to edit notes.
Adds releases with edition names in the titles, marks karaoke versions as instrumental recordings, etc. after repeated admonishments not to. Does not seem to respond to edit notes.
Adds medium formats in release titles, adds arranger relationships to works, marks translations as "based on" and adds genre disambiguations to works. Apparently gets notifications (I saw at least 1 cancelled edit) but does not reply.
Adds bogus artists and continues to re-add them after they are merged (into Various Artists or [unknown]) with an explanation. Does not reply to or even read notes, by the looks of it.
Makes terrible edits, is aware of it and proud of it. Probably mentally challenged or very young. Sens Critique user, setting wrong information to make them fit on SC (they don't allow promos): https://musicbrainz.org/edit/35253226 - also wrong artwork, thumbnails, duplicates, he does everything you can imagine
trainwreck. misunderstands most things, selects wrong entities without checking (always selects the first entity that comes up, even if the name does not match at all) I got a hold of him, and he is indeed automatically adding releases and does not want to stop, considering his gross huge stream of mistakes are ours to fix. should be banned. Completely deranged - https://musicbrainz.org/edit/35383445 "Oh, I ghost my IP so I can truly get on the world web" or the private messages he sends me.
Past honorable mentions
Spend so much time fixing his edits, then as he deletes his account, all releases are cancelled. What the fuck? Very strange since first encounter was positive. edit #31939839
So far zero reply to inquiries, repeats mistakes that have been explained before. Has repeated mistakes in less than a week. No reply through the entire life of his account.
- Cites "Spotify" as a source for physical releases, mangles tracklist to his liking (replacing parenthesis by a single dash), sets incorrect countries, incorrect capitalization.
Took months of messaging before stopping setting releases as CD without proof (many having been proved wrong easily), now does not research either but at least doesn't set Medium Type. I still find incorrect releases that have not been fixed. Still does not reply and regularly adds dupes, but at least those are not wrong information.
What prompted the change: Systematic No vote until editor fixes his behavior.
Deleted then recreated account. Almost never replies (best I could get was like "I do not speak English") and made wrong destructive edits all the time, but seems to do a bit better now.
It was a bot, so you wouldn't expect it to reply. But editors were not aware of it. Overwhelming number of edits many of those pass, and there are still many incorrect releases left. It is a good example of how much damage a single unchecked editor can make.
Editor repeatedly adding wrong cover art, no source and no replies. OK, there might be more than one…
- https://musicbrainz.org/user/velaroful (deleted)
Editor willfully adding wrong cover art because he preferred it.
added fictional artists related to sexual fetishes. eventually responded and stopped, but somehow thought it was the purpose of MusicBrainz to enter things that don't exist. well when you see the rest of this list… he's not wrong
Cataloguing SensCritique users for future reference. No proof shall be posted here, in case they try to be more discreet about their membership.