RobertKaye is Ruaok, also known as the Mayhem & Chaos Coordinator.
I'm the person responsible for starting this project when GraceNote pissed me off when they took the freely available CDDB project and closed it up and started charging people for accessing the data. It was people like me who built this data in the first place and I felt violated. Thus the motivation for MusicBrainz was born.
As part of running this project I've gotten to be quite busy travelling around to conferences, board meetings and other silly business meetings. Given that, here is my travel schedule in case you're curious and wonder why I may not be responding to mail quite so quickly:
- Vacation, Reykjavik, Iceland -- April 21 - May 2, 2006
To find out more about me, check out these links:
On my Radar
The following things are on my radar as issues that need to be addressed, features that I want to hack on, or chocolate that needs to be earned:
- IntuitivePicardInterface -- fix all of the issues that prevent MusicBrainzTagger users from switching over to Picard.
- Replace the contentious AutoModerator system with a comprehensive EditorRating system. Wether or not I will implement the rating system as the wiki page by the same name suggests it, remains to be seen.
- Folksonomy tagging -- allow moderators to apply arbitrary tags to artists, albums and tracks. Much like Flickr uses tags.
- MBID supercession -- give MBIDs a trail so that if an album gets merged into another album, the previous album id isn't simply forgotten.
- NadelnderBambus -- the next generation of MusicBrainz. Capture more data and capture exisiting data better.
Of course, this list is in no particular order.