From MusicBrainz Wiki
< User:RobertKayeJump to navigationJump to search
Revision as of 12:18, 6 September 2016 by RobertKaye (talk | contribs) (Created page with "== Thoughts on the weekly developers meeting == The weekly developers meeting would ideally be the only meeting we hold in a given week: We should be protective of our commun...")
Thoughts on the weekly developers meeting
The weekly developers meeting would ideally be the only meeting we hold in a given week: We should be protective of our community members and developers time. Every meeting should have a concrete start time and end time and we should make an effort to keep the meetings within those boundaries.
General goals of the meeting include:
- To get a sense for the current state of our projects and the state of our community.
- The meeting should be a well flowing, carefully managed conversation.
- We should avoid letting people ramble on, but we should pay attention to those who wish to share information with others.
- Everyone should get a chance to speak and everyone should give a reasonable summary of the work they've done it the past week. Contractors and GSoC students/mentors are required to give a summary (at least a paragraph of text) during the meeting or provide it to the meeting leader ahead of time.
The meeting leader's duties include:
- Identifying possible situations that block developers from making progress
- Attempting to resolve problems by asking follow up questions and attempting to identify solutions.
- Identifying unhappy community members and attempting to identify and resolve the source of unhappiness.
- Encourage more reserved community members to participate in the meeting, even if they wish to simply be skipped.