Difference between revisions of "User:Symphonick/sandbox"
|Line 10:||Line 10:|
|Line 25:||Line 28:|
Use the comment field to
Use the comment fieldto different the same title (). if the catalog numbers .
Revision as of 13:52, 24 July 2011
|Status: Work in progress. Tracking the CSG-works discussion here|
The title of a work should be recorded in MB as it exists in print from a reliable source, such as a recent urtext edition. Adding to or altering a title given by the composer should be avoided.
Either Use Or Use always the English, Latin version of the work title
As we currently have no field for catalogue numbers & those are an important part of identifying a work, the standard catalogue is added to the title.
- An den Mond D 468
- Herz und Mund und Tat und Leben BWV 147
- „Wie unglücklich bin ich nit“ K. 147 (125g)
- Gymnopédie No. 1
- Москва, Черемушки, Op. 105
- L'oiseau de feu
Use the comment field to disambiguate different works by the same composer that have the same title (or a very similar one). This is useful even if the catalog numbers differ, but required only if they do not.
- Appalachian Spring (ballet)
- Appalachian Spring (orchestral suite)
- Nun komm der Heiden Heiland, BWV ???
- Nun komm' der Heiden Heiland, BWV 659
For extra information. Dramatic roles goes here (Sarastro, Carmen etc).
For titled works, use only if the work is known under a different name.
English aliases for the examples above:
- Carmen (no alias)
- An den Mond D 468 (no alias)
- Herz und Mund und Tat und Leben, BWV 147
- „Wie unglücklich bin ich nit“ K. 147 (125g) (no alias)
- Gymnopédie No. 1 (no alias)
- Moscow, Cheryomushki, Op. 105
- The Firebird
The title of the main work must be repeated in the parts, otherwise one composer could have a lot of works named only "allegro", which would currently be difficult to deal with. Exceptions: Songs are often published in books/collections with one opus, often with generic titles like "3 songs for SATB, Op. 8". We want that as a super-work for UI reasons, but the works linked to a "collection" should not have their titles formatted as a multi-part work.
- Nixon in China: Act 3 "I am no one"
- Ciclo brasileiro: Impressões Seresteiras
- Winterreise D. 911: Gute Nacht
- Auf Flügeln des Gesanges, op. 34 no. 2
Translated works are distinct works in MB, as they need a new relationship (translator) that doesn't apply to the parent.
- Heart and lips, thy whole behaviour, BWV 147 (English version) (official translation from Bärenreiter)