Can you please link the final page of proposals from their proposal-stage pages? (For instance, User:BrianSchweitzer/Sortname only says “passed”, without a link to any page that contains the now-official text.) It’s useful because emails on the mailing list usually point to the text of the proposal (ie, here) rather than its “future resting place, once passed”. bogdanb 15:04, 24 March 2010 (UTC)
- Actually, I think the appropriate thing to do is delete the proposed page once a proposal has passed, of course that will only further break the links in the emails though. I see a couple of potential solutions to this:
- Use a subpage of the official page for proposals, this makes it easy to determine what the page will end up being.
- Use a Proposal: namespace and title the proposal with the same title (additional proposals could receive a '2' or '3' at the end to distinguish).
- +1 - the User:foo pages make for really ugly looking Category page lists (look at any of the 3 proposals categories... they sort on User name, not proposal page name). Then we just redirect Proposal: page for passed proposals back to the 'real' page, while leaving failed/abandoned/withdrawn proposals to rot in Proposals: BrianSchweitzer 18:33, 24 March 2010 (UTC)
- Simply include a link to the final resting place in the "Proposal has passed" email.
- I think the third point is easiest and makes the most sense. --navap 16:23, 24 March 2010 (UTC)
- Hi Bogdan; sure, that's what I've been doing on most of them. For the sortname one, I had to run to work (was out of time :P) so I made sure the text moved over, but didn't have a chance to snag the correct page title to redirect to. I'll do that now though, if it's not already done. Longer term, though, I'd agree with navap - the *passed* proposal page shouldn't really be linked to outside of proposals, and any remaining links to it (outside Proposals) should be fixed, then the *passed* proposal page deleted, when the passed proposal, umm, passes. For failed ones I'd suggest keeping them unredirected, and undeleted, over in the History: namespace - thoughts? BrianSchweitzer 18:33, 24 March 2010 (UTC)
- Sounds good to me. --navap 21:16, 24 March 2010 (UTC)