User talk:Reosarevok/Recording Issues
From MusicBrainz WikiJump to navigationJump to search
Please add new proposals to the bottom of the page, so that all the numbers stay the same for existing proposals!
- Sput wants recordings to be mixes, tracks to be entities, and master entities to group tracks.
- Freso's thoughts
- warp just wants track ids
- mudcrow put some stuff here, though ian's linking it to this page
- User:Murdos is perfectly happy with the current system
- reosarevok would love more levels if and only if they're optional and shown to users only if they ask for them.
- Jesus said An MB recording is this song’s a recording session’s take, and we have some new sub sets of masters, cuts and mixes, as well as a DON’TKNOWWHICH catch-all special set in the same MB recording.
- nikki would like recordings to be mixes, but has some more detailed thoughts here
- User:Kepstin/Recording_Thoughts has a similar master level to nikki's proposal, and the addition of a higher level entity to group alternate versions, possibly with AR movement to reduce redundant data.
- The BBC has some thoughts too. They'd like recording groups, but that could just be because we're too cautious about merging recordings. Would be nice if we could get them to clarify. --Nikki (talk) 03:42, 20 December 2012 (UTC)
- symphonick's wishlist & thoughts
- caller#6 wants an FRBR "expression".
- forums thread
- rochusw also supports track ids and "DON'TKNOWWHICH" levels.
- I especially like the bit about tracks normally only having one AcoustID, very good point. --LordSputnik (talk) 12:43, 26 December 2012 (UTC)
- Anyone prescribing changes to AcoustID: Please read my comment on the forums thread. We do not control AcoustID -- luks will decide what AcoustID does with respect to this change, and I'm confident he'll decide better than any of us. Proposals should treat AcoustID as it is: a third-party entity. Ianmcorvidae (talk) 20:58, 26 December 2012 (UTC)