Live music venues see a lot of artists come and go and some of them release albums with recordings from there or fans produce bootlegs. It seems desirable to agree on how to write the venue names when following the respective guidelines in order to achieve consistency across all releases with recordings from there.
Ideally we would have places/locations as separate entities in MusicBrainz and discussion about venue names would happen through the edit system. Until then this is an alphabetical list of such venue names. Feel free to add names and discuss them to achieve consensus.
List of venue names
- 013, Tilburg, Netherlands
- Boerderij, Zoetermeer, Netherlands
- Or "De Boerderij"? --Shepard 16:19, 12 November 2011 (UTC)
- Budokan, Tokyo, Japan
- Great American Music Hall, San Francisco, CA, USA
- Loreley, St. Goarshausen, Germany
- See also the venue homepage
- Other variants: "Loreley Freilichtbühne, Germany", "Loreley Festival, Germany", "Loreley Ampitheater, St. Goarshausen, Germany", "Loreley Metal Hammer Fest, Rheine, Germany", "Loreley Festival, St. Goarshausen, Germany", "Loreley Rock, St. Goarshausen, Germany", "Freilichtbühne Loreley, St. Goarshausen, Germany", "Lorelei, Germany", "Lorelei Festival, St. Goarshausen, Germany". Titles also include the names of festivals and TV shows like Rockpalast that took place there, either as part of the location or as the "well-known title" part. --Shepard 00:41, 25 June 2011 (UTC)
- Marquee Club, London, UK
- "The Marquee"? "The Marquee Club"? "The Marquee Bar & Club"? --Shepard 00:22, 25 June 2011 (UTC)
- Rock am Ring, Nürburgring, Germany
- Z7, Pratteln, Switzerland