From MusicBrainz Wiki
This "WikiDocs" system works by:
- Leaving the wiki (and by extension, the documentation) open for mass collaboration.
- Providing transclusion editors with the means to control what is viewable on the main site.
The structure of the WikiDocs system looks like this:
- All the content resides in the wiki and is open for anyone and everyone to edit and maintain.
- Transclusion editors add and update entries in the transclusion table for all official documentation pages.
- Users visiting a page on the wiki see no difference; they always see the most recent revision of every page.
- Users visiting that same page on the main website will be shown, via transclusion, only the latest reviewed revision of that page
Pages served via transclusion are not editable on the website.