Yate Music Tagger
Yate is a tag editor developed from the ground up for Mac OS X. Tagging of mp3, m4a, FLAC and AIFF files is supported.
Yate incorporates an easy to use scripting mechanism called actions. Actions may be run in a batch mode or in the foreground.
Yate supports MusicBrainz, Discogs and has the ability to link files to iTunes. This linkage enables the import and export of iTunes metadata which is not normally kept in the audio files. Further, changes made to your audio files will automatically be refreshed in iTunes, when linked.
A fully featured 15 day evaluation is available for download. Upon purchasing you will receive an activation code which entitles you for free updates and support for life.
Summary of features:
- handles multiple artwork items
- supports drag in and drag out of artwork
- drag artwork in from the web, any image file, any file containing a png or jpg image and from iTunes
- artwork can be saved to files, folder.jpg or to the containing folder’s icon
- tracks can be dragged from the Finder or iTunes
- add files by folder or by including subfolders
- open files/folders specified in a path in the system clipboard
- user definable actions (scripts). Edit an entire album’s tags by executing a single action
- supports multiple values per field where permitted
- supports multiple fields of the same type where permitted
- customizable FLAC mappings
- Batch Processing Wizard which allows you to edit all of your audio files with a single action
- MusicBrainz wizard to import data from the MusciBrainz database
- MusicBrainz wizard will access Discogs artwork
- Discogs wizard to import data from the Discogs database
- Playlist Mode allows you to create or import m3u playlists
- changes can be reverted to the last saved version
- editing changes on the current file selection can be undone in any order or all at once
- tracks can be added to iTunes
- tracks can be linked to iTunes and the rating, play count and skip when shuffling options can be passed in either direction
- repairs broken file links in iTunes
- ability to Show Files in iTunes
- compare iTunes values with Yate
- displays indicators showing if a file has changed and if it is linked to iTunes, MusicBrainz, Discogs
- files and containing folders can be renamed in a single operation
Yate is part of the Tagger Affiliate Program.