Current Work Items for MusicBrainz Development
This page lists everything that is currently being worked on in MusicBrainzDevelopment.
- Please limit this to topics that are in progress. These could be FeaturesCurrentlyInDevelopment but also FeaturesThatNeedToBeDescribedInMoreDetail.
- As opposed to NewFeatureSuggestions, SuggestionsToCurrentFeatures, SmallNewFeatures and LargerNewFeatures which should be listed on FutureWork.
- And then when a feature has been implemented or dismissed, it should move to FinishedWork.
- We now also have a section DormantWork, for things that did not (yet) get implemented or are superceded by something else (e.g. SurvivalOfTheFittest might be superceded by suggestions in AlbumLockingDiscussion in the short run). But it would be stupid to delete SurvivalOfTheFittest from the Wiki. Who knows whether we might need it again in two years?
Please do not just add a link, instead use TextInsteadOfLists and describe the feature in two sentences. See also TurningYourIdeasIntoReality for how to do that. Please also add date stamps to new entries as "current" is somewhat time-sensitive.
Next Generation Tagger and Lucene
- RobertKaye has taken up work on the PicardTagger again -- the next generation tagging application which will implement many of the MBTaggerImprovements. A new beta release is upcoming soon!
- MatthiasFriedrich and G0llum have picked up the ArtistPageRedesign again. The W.I.P can be found on http://g0llum.dyndns.org/artistpageredesign/
- The documentation on the main site will be massively restructured using the WikiDocs. There is a first serious WikiDocsConcept. but there remain quite some details to be fleshed out.
- JohnCarter has written a script for WikiMigration that will port the wiki from UseMod to MoinMoin. This is the first step of the WikiDocsSchedule.
s on these lines:
= Current Work Items for MusicBrainz Development =
== ArtistPageRedesign ==
== WikiDocs ==