Products > libdiscid
libdiscid is a C library for creating MusicBrainz and freedb disc IDs from audio CDs. It reads a CD's table of contents (TOC) and generates an identifier which can be used to lookup the CD at MusicBrainz. Additionally, it provides a submission URL for adding the disc ID to the database and gathers ISRCs and the MCN (=UPC/EAN) from disc.
The interface of this library is new, but the disc ID algorithm and the operating system dependent CD-ROM/DVD-ROM access code have been ported from libmusicbrainz version 2.
libdiscid is licensed under the GNU Lesser General Public License 2.1 or later.
- libdiscid-0.4.1.tar.gz (356K)
- ChangeLog (GitHub)
- Ruby - mb-discid
- Perl - http://search.cpan.org/dist/MusicBrainz-DiscID/ (GitHub)
- Haskell - Hackage (GitHub)
Tools based on libdiscid
- ISRC#Resources, many ISRC submit tools are based on libdiscid or one of the bindings and can be used to add disc IDs and ISRCs.
- Picard uses libdiscid to calculate the disc ID (lookup by CD)
- User:PBryan/mbdiscid, an alternative in Perl