Products > libdiscid
libdiscid is a C library for creating MusicBrainz DiscIDs from audio CDs. It reads a CD's table of contents (TOC) and generates an identifier which can be used to lookup the CD at MusicBrainz. Additionally, it provides a submission URL for adding the DiscID to the database.
The interface of this library is new, but the DiscID algorithm and the operating system dependent CD-ROM/DVD-ROM access code have been ported from libmusicbrainz version 2. For more info about the interface read the API documentation.
libdiscid is licensed under the GNU Lesser General Public License.
- libdiscid-0.3.0.tar.gz (336K)
- libdiscid-0.2.2-win32.zip (400K)
- libdiscid-0.2.2-mac.zip (400K, intel32, intel64, ppc)
- libdiscid-0.3.0-win32bin.zip (21K, needs MSVCR100)
- Ruby - http://rbrainz.rubyforge.org
- Perl - http://search.cpan.org/dist/MusicBrainz-DiscID/
- Java - http://benow.ca/projects/libdiscid-java/