Difference between revisions of "libmusicbrainz"
|Line 14:||Line 14:|
| [[Image:download.gif]] || [ftp://ftp.musicbrainz.org/pub/musicbrainz/libmusicbrainz-4.0.
| [[Image:download.gif]] || [ftp://ftp.musicbrainz.org/pub/musicbrainz/libmusicbrainz-4.0..tar.gz libmusicbrainz-4.0..tar.gz] (124 KB)<br/><small>(MD5: )</small>
Revision as of 21:19, 16 January 2012
Products > libmusicbrainz
The libmusicbrainz (also known as mb_client or MusicBrainz Client Library) is a development library geared towards developers who wish to add MusicBrainz lookup capabilities to their applications. If you are looking for a complete, usable program to run, please try out Picard.
libmusicbrainz version 3.x and below have been deprecated since they use the old XML Web Service/Version 1 or RDF (now removed) based Web Service. All new development should happen with the new XML Web Service/Version 2 or using libmusicbrainz version 4 or greater.
The libmusicbrainz is officially supported in 32 bit Windows (95, 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP), Linux and Mac OS X, with packages released for the RedHat and debian distributions. For more details on how to use this library, please take a look at the ClientHOWTO.
|libmusicbrainz-4.0.0.tar.gz (124 KB)|
- This version of the client library uses the old XML Web Service/Version 1 and should not be used in new development.
|libmusicbrainz-3.0.3.tar.gz (104 KB)|
- PythonMusicBrainz2 Python bindings for the XML based web service.
- Perl bindings for the XML based web service: WebService::MusicBrainz
- Ruby bindings for the XML based web service.
- C#/.NET library for the MusicBrainz client library (3.0.1). (calculation of MusicBrainz DiscID is missing (FreeDB ID is supported) - help is appreciated).
- musicbrainz-sharp: Fully managed C#/.NET library for accessing the XML based web service. (included support for calculation of MusicBrainz DiscIDs)
Other releases are available on the MusicBrainz FTP Server.
The libmusicbrainz is licensed under the LGPL (GNU Lesser General Public License).
Get Source Code
The source code of libmusicbrainz is available using anonymous Subversion access. Read the Subversion document for instructions on how to use Subversion and checkout the libmusicbrainz source code. Alternatively, you can browse the libmusicbrainz Subversion repository directly using the source browser.
svn checkout http://svn.musicbrainz.org/libmusicbrainz/trunk libmusicbrainz