My name is Oliver Charles and I've been interested in MusicBrainz since the start of 2006. Around April 2007 I'd entered about 600 edits into the database, and decided to start also taking in interest in the development in MB. On this page you can find out some of the stuff I've done. I worked with MusicBrainz through Google's Summer of Code program in 2008, and am now employed as one of the developers.
- PicardScreencasts: I recorded a few screencasts for new users to Picard
- PythonMusicBrainz2 Label Support: A few days after label support was added, I wrote a fairly large patch to add label support to PythonMusicBrainz2.
- PicardQT Cover Artwork Plugin: I rewrote the amazon cover art plugin to use CoverArtRelationshipType relations, and degrade gracefully through different types of album artwork.
- Bleep.com importer: Simple GreaseMonkey script to import releases from Bleep.com
- MixEngineerAlias: A mini database of alias that mix engineers write on the runout etchings of vinyl.
Talking to me
I can be reached on IRC most of the time - ocharles is my alias, and I'm often in the MusicBrainz channel.