Difference between revisions of "MusicBrainz Summit/11"
|Line 44:||Line 44:|
Last.fm, and have agreed to sponsor the summit!
Revision as of 09:08, 3 October 2011
MusicBrainz Summit 11 will happen in Rotterdam, Netherlands on October 15 - 17, 2011.
The main part of the summit will happen on October 15 and half of October 16. October 17 will focus on companies using or wishing to use the MusicBrainz data. Anyone is welcome to attend any portion of the summit, but October 15/16 will focus on general MusicBrainz topics and October 17 will focus on commercial aspects of MusicBrainz. Companies wishing to discuss how they use MusicBrainz should plan to attend on October 17.
Attendees should expect to arrive in Rotterdam in the afternoon/evening of October 14 and plan to depart in the afternoon/evening of October 16, unless you plan to stay for the October 17 portion of the summit as well.
Warp, Oliver and Rob will also be hacking on October 13/14. If you would like to hack with us, come join us. We'll be in Rotterdam starting on the 13th of October.
Benthuizerstraat 60 | B, Apartment Fuchsia.
We've rented an apartment from October 13 - October 18. This will allow us to sleep 6 people in the apartment (sadly only with 2 queen bed and a couch), but we have a kitchen and space for all of us to hang out and socialize for a long weekend.
We're going to find other seating implements and bring a game console to play for the duration of the time we're there.
if you're planning on attending put your name down below. Don't worry - doesn't have to be definite, but it's nice to have a rough idea :)
- warp, lives in Rotterdam, NL (ask him if you have questions about anything dealing with the Netherlands :)
- navap will be coming from Toronto, Canada. Arriving AMS 7:45am Oct 13.
- ruaok, will be attending to perform master acts in cat herding. Arriving Rotterdam Centraal on Thursday at 13:01 on Thalys from Brussels.
- Nikki will arrive at 13:40 on Thursday at Rotterdam Centraal
- ocharles will certainly be there, but hasn't arranged any travel yet.
- Adrian Woodhead, from Last.fm will be arriving on Thursday and leaving on Tuesday.
- reosarevok, unless something goes very wrong, will be meeting with CatCat and getting to R'dam late in the 14th
- CatCat (strange guy) will land in Charleroi at about 16:15 and arrive via trains with reosarevok at about..
- Wizzcat, will be arriving by way of Charleroi, presumably along with CatCat.
- ijabz, coming Friday afternoon/evening flying Bristol to Amsterdam
- jdamcd will probably attend but hasn't arranged anything yet. Will be travelling from London.
- Andrey Popp, from Zvooq in Moscow, Russia will be coming. Arriving AMS 10:45pm Oct 14.
- micahsaul from Google/Freebase.com will be attending from San Francisco. Travel plans not yet locked down.
- djce is being sponsored to attend (thanks, BBC!)
- mr_maxis, lives 30km away so will probably attend.
Getting to Rotterdam
If you're flying to the Netherlands, make sure to fly only to Amsterdam Schiphol (AMS) -- from the airport you can take a train to Rotterdam Centraal, which only takes about 45 minutes. Flying directly to Rotterdam is quite expensive and will actually take longer than taking the train.
If you're planning to take Eurostar from the UK to Rotterdam, make sure to purchase two separate tickets. If you purchase one direct ticket via eurostar.com, you will pay much more than if you purchase tickets separately. Purchase your London <-> Brussels ticket from http://eurostar.com and your Brussels <-> Rotterdam ticket from http://hispeed.nl . You will save nearly €400 in doing this.
Last.fm, Grooveshark and Google have agreed to sponsor the summit!
Hackathon -- hacking on various MusicBrainz stuffs. More details to be determined later.
Daytime: Hackathon continued.
Evening: Dinner and drinks at the apartment. General socializing evening.
General summit day, with focus on community. The exact schedule will be determined closer to the date and the actual agenda will be created at the beginning of the summit.
General summit day, focus to be determined.
Commercial use/customer centric day. Schedule to be determined at the beginning of the day.
- Security (clear text passwords, SSL)
- What about a single log-in while we're at it?
- Letting google index the site
- New data quality system
- New edit system
- Cover art archive
- Those interested can chat with ocharles about BookBrainz, though this will probably be outside the actual summit :)
- What to do with videos
- Video mediums for releases with bundled videos?
- Formal feature testing before release
- How to handle recurring publishing, e.g. for podcast series or radio shows
- Updating/structuring the wiki (for those interested)
- Sysadmin & operations
- Add more!
Oliver and Rob are considering making food for the group. If you're a cook and are interested in making food, please let us know below:
- Rob: Stew, curry, pancakes. Something.
- Oliver: Burritos
- CatCat: .no noms, .jp noms, random stuff, give me a recepie, taco, pizza