MusicBottle/Integrating Commercial Services
From MusicBrainz Wiki
Needs to be expanded quite a bit; see notes below.
- Make a post to firstname.lastname@example.org with details.
- Discuss pros and cons, including relevance for current agreements.
- discuss implementation possibilities.
- Vote or make decision in some other way.
On the process
- its all about the community and it contributors.
- when someone enters the process, they should have an idea of what the expected outcome might be.
- meaning that someone who meets all the criteria outlined by out should reasonable be able to expect to work with us.
- another thing to consider are limited time agreements.
- we'll try and work with you for x months.
- if we dont like it, you get the boot.
- making that clear can avoid misgivings when someone gets the boot.
- and we should leave booting someone as a clear option.
- we should not enter into anything that forces us to:
- do something long term
- exposes us to liability
- provide indemnification for anything.
- if there's no useful, music-related content provided, there's no way we should have them in here
On who should decide the outcome
- [ruaok is] happy to lay my experience out for people when bringing a decision to the table.
- another possibility is to make a committee of people whose members can vote on these decisions, but the committee's communications are open for everyone to see.