From MusicBrainz Wiki
- Info: (lose this label)
- Link / Details - provides nothing more than cannot be found on the page - kill this, and associated page?
- Tags - kill this link, move it to the tags line
- Show/hide Artists - placement not optimal
- Show/hide relationships - hide if the tracks have no relationships
- Show/hide disc IDs - maybe just a link to disc ids on a separate page. "X Disc IDs"
- Google - doesn't belong on viewing releases, move to a release's edit page.
- View edits - s/edit history/
- Edit: (lose this label)
- Add relationship - kill, belongs in AR box
- Move - rename to "Change Artist"
- Remove - s/delete/
- Ratings - move to release line, scrap the statistics
- Time period - use encyclopedic format (<start> – <end>)
- Type - lose this and use different artist icons (one head/multiple heads)
- Data quality - lose this - try and present this information in a less "databasey" manor - more like "This artist has been marked as inaccurate - we could use your help!" etc
- Info: (lose the label)
- Releases - could kill this when you're on this page (aCiD2 opposes this). Rename to 'all releases'
- Aliases - s/alternative names/ -- but this needs more discussion.
- Credits - s/Appears on/
- Though this needs an overhaul - these should all be displayed on the main page. Post to mail, see irc chat 11/04/2009 @ 16:00
- Details - kill this, nothing special here
- Non album tracks - kill this, it shows up on the release listing
- Google - doesn't belong on viewing releases, move to artist's edit page.
- Similar artists - kill until we have better data
- Tags - kill this, move "show more" to tags line or something
- Edit history - well... at least it uses the right name :)
- Open edits - merge into edit history
- Subscriptions - kill this too..
- Edit: (lose the label)
- Edit artist - fine (could be just edit)
- Merge artist - fine, maybe "Merge into another artist"
- Add release - fine - but for more emphasis, maybe we could duplicate this above the release listing?
- Add alias - you need to see aliases before you add, so kill this and provide a form on the alias page.
- Import release - merge into add release
- Change data quality - isn't this just part of edit artist?
- (Un)subscribe - move to top right of artist box
- Also, try to offer more than just Free DB searching.
- Add non-album track - kill: prefer clicking "non-album tracks" and then "add track"
- Ratings (lose the statistics)
Here are some problems I encountered making these changes, while pronik was away:
- Label type: I've taken 'Type:' away, and left just the type string in
- Label country: I've taken 'Country:' away and changed it to 'Founded in x'
- Other issues:
- We prefer 'Edit History' - but this looks like a 'Verb Noun' phrase (ie, the link is for editing the history, which is confusing. Maybe change to editing history?)