Development/Release Editor Seeding
This page documents a lit of parameters you can post the release editor to "seed" it.
The following parameters specify data about releases
- The name of the release. Must be a non-empty string.
- A disambiguation comment for the release. Optional, non empty string
- Optional text to place in the releases annotation
- The barcode of the release. Optional, valid barcode without whitespace
- The date of the release. Each field is an optional integer
- The country the release was released in. Optional, may be any valid country ISO code (for example, GB, US, FR)
- The language of the release. Optional, may be any valid ISO 639-2T code
- The script of the text on the release. Optional, may be any valid ISO 15924 code (for example, Latn, Brai);
- The status of the release, as defined by MusicBrainz. Optional, may be any of: official, promotion, bootleg, pseudo
- The type of the release group, if a release group will be created. Optional, may be any of: album, single, ep, compilation, soundtrack, spokenword, interview, audiobook, live, remix, other
- The type of packaging of the release. Optional, may be any of: jewel-case, slim-jewel-case, digipak, paper-sleeve, other
Labels and catalog numbers
Releases may be associated with multiple labels and catalog numbers, so the fields for specifying these is a little different. You must specify a positive integer for the n part of the field name to specify which label/catalog number pair you are referring to. For example: label.0.mbid and label.0.catalogue_number
- The MBID of the label.
- The catalog number of this release, for label n.