Development/Release Editor Seeding
This page documents a lit of parameters you can post the release editor to "seed" it. All values are optional unless otherwise stated.
- The name of the release. Non-empty string. Required
- A disambiguation comment for the release. Non-empty string
- Text to place in the releases annotation
- The barcode of the release. May be any valid barcode without whitespace
- The date of the release. Each field is an integer
- The country the release was released in. May be any valid country ISO code (for example, GB, US, FR)
- The language of the release. May be any valid ISO 639-2/T code (for example, eng, deu, jpn)
- The script of the text on the release. May be any valid ISO 15924 code (for example, Latn, Cyrl)
- The status of the release, as defined by MusicBrainz. Possible values: official, promotion, bootleg, pseudo
- The type of the release group, if a release group will be created. Possible values: album, single, ep, compilation, soundtrack, spokenword, interview, audiobook, live, remix, other
- The type of packaging of the release. Possible values: jewel-case, slim-jewel-case, digipak, paper-sleeve, other
Labels and catalog numbers
Releases may be associated with multiple labels and catalog numbers, so the fields for specifying these is a little different. You must specify a positive integer for the n part of the field name to specify which label/catalog number pair you are referring to. For example: label.0.mbid and label.0.catalog_number
- The MBID of the label.
- The catalog number of this release, for label n.
A release may be credited to multiple artists via what is known as an "artist credit." To specify the artists a release is credited, you can use the following fields:
- The MBID of the artist
- The name of the artist, as credited on the release. Optional, if omitted it will default to the artist's current name
- An optional phrase to join this artist with the next artist. For example, you could use " & " to join "Calvin" with "Hobbes" to get the final text "Calvin & Hobbes"
Tracklists and Mediums
As with labels above, their may be multiple mediums and tracklists may contain multiple tracks, so again you will need to fill in the n and m parameters accordingly.
- Any valid medium format name: may be any one of auto generate me
- The position of this medium in the list of mediums. If omitted, it will be inferred from the order of all mediums passed in (which is normally what you want).
- The name of medium n (for example "Live & Unreleased")
- The name of track n on medium m
- The duration of track n on medium m in
MM:SSform. You may also pass a single integer, which will be interpreted as seconds (milliseconds?)