|Status: This page describes an active style guideline proposal and is not official.|
Trac ticket # 4426
- CSG for Tracks and Recordings:
|Status: Everything below this point is in need of cleanup for CSGv2|
The artist should be the composer(s) of the performed work.
The correct composer(s) to use may not be obvious:
- A work was left unfinished by the original composer, then completed by another composer.
- Use both composers.
- A work by one composer consists of variations on a work by a different composer.
- Use the composer of the variations.
- A work was composed by one composer, then arranged, orchestrated, and/or instrumentated by a different artist.
- Use the composer, not the arranger, orchestrator, or instrumentator.
- If it is unclear as to whether a work should be considered an arrangement or a variation, then the style list should be consulted for guidance.