Difference between revisions of "History:Updating To MoinMoin 1.5"
(comment (Imported from MoinMoin))
Revision as of 18:56, 6 May 2007
Updating to MoinMoin 1.5
The MusicBrainzWiki is about to be updated to the current stable version of MoinMoin (1.5.x).
This page should track all issues that will be encountered in the migration, and discussion on the best way to fix them.
The related ticket is 2320.
- TOCs are now embedded in a table: you can't have any more a floating TOC on the right of the page (in fact you can but you must embed the TOC table in another table, but this looks ugly).
- Example: WikiWardening / http://newwiki.musicbrainz.org/WikiWardening
- Possible solution: use MoinMoinPatch/AlterTableOfContentsAppearanceWithStyleSheet (it should be in the official release now) to set a global style to TOCs
- The suggested hack doesn't necessarily "look" ugly if the containing external table is styleless-ed, though I agree this is a ugly hack :-) . Note that it won't be the first time we use table-style hack to have things rendering as we want them... -- dmppanda 20:18, 02 May 2007 (UTC)
- change icons for interwiki and external links
- update the MusicBrainz skin
- update / clean InterWiki table
- check eventual regressions in transclusion of wikidocs
- check cards behavior:
- old cards are working as far as I can tell
- I can't use the new syntax though. From macro/CardMacro I should be able to use parameters eg
[[Card(Cards/WikiNavCard,test1)]]. See: http://newwiki.musicbrainz.org/Cards/ArtistHeader for a non-working example. Am I missing something? -- dmppanda 20:31, 02 May 2007 (UTC)
- There seem to be multiple, incompatible "Card" macro plugins around, with misleading docs. Check out the page now... - DaveEvans
- fix the WikiSpamProtection system
- check the address obfuscation system working
Interesting patches which may be applied
FeatureRequests/TableOfContentsMinDepth: allow to specify a min depth with the TableOfContents macro.
With version 1.5, the page name is no longer automatically placed at the top as a title. So we'll have to use first-level headings to manually add a title. Problem is, that gets included in the TOC, which is not helpful.
- Or, change the theme(s) to re-include the page title in the familiar place. - DaveEvans
- As with this hack the title won't appear anyway on the transcluded doc, I would really prefer the suggested patch to be applied (which gives much more flexibility to TOCs), of course if this is not too much an hassle. -- dmppanda 20:18, 02 May 2007 (UTC)
- Check out the "modern2" theme, compared to the (default) "modern" one.
- We need H1 for wikidocselt pages, so I would actually consider it a benefit, if the theme would not show the title, but only the page did --DonRedman