Difference between revisions of "Picard Qt/Macports Install"
m (Conversion script moved page Picard Qt/Macports Install to picard Qt/Macports Install: Converting page titles to lowercase)
Latest revision as of 03:37, 19 September 2012
- I had quite a bit of trouble getting anything to build with the '+universal' variant. You should probably not use this for building things via MacPorts in general.
- Need to test experimental libofa 0.9.4, and create an updated Portfile for it.
- I have created Portfiles for libofa 0.9.4-test, and Picard itself. They are currently in testing. I will submit them for peer review to the MacPorts development list for approval, and hopefully these steps will be obsolete within the next couple days!
2. Run this to install some dependencies of PicardQt:
sudo port install expat ffmpeg fftw-3 gettext python_select python25 qt4-mac
3. Activate your newly-built version of Python 2.5, using python_select:
sudo python_select python25
4. Install more dependencies (it is important that you have run python_select before running this command!)
sudo port install py25-hashlib py25-mutagen py25-pyqt4
5. Install (and modify the source code in the process) libofa.
sudo port -d patch libofaThis will fetch, extract and patch libofa as the MacPorts package maintainers see fit.
- "cd" to the directory returned by the "port" command. It should explicitly tell you where it has extracted the source code to. In my case, this is the command I ran in the terminal to get there:
- Apply the change to the source code described [here] (assuming you want PUID generation): "nano" and "vi" are two common text editors. Keep in mind you need to edit the file with root permissions... something like this would be appropriate:
sudo nano -w configureThis instructs "nano," a text editor, to open the "configure" file for editing. Make the changes as per the link above, and follow the next step to finish the install process.
- Now "cd" out of this directory (to avoid any conflicts with MacPorts.) Finish installing your new, modified libofa:
cd ~; sudo port -d install libofa
6. Download the PicardQt source, extract it, and apply [this change] if you are running OS X on a PowerPC processor. All it truly requires is replacing the string "OFA_LITTLE_ENDIAN" with the string "OFA_BIG_ENDIAN" in picard/musicdns/ofa.c. This change is required for Picard's PUID generation to work on PPC processors with versions 0.9.0 and 0.10.0rc1.
7. If you've made it this far, you're ready to build and install!
python setup.py config -I /opt/local/include CFLAGS="-I/opt/local/include/ffmpeg" python setup.py build_ext -i sudo python setup.py install