From MusicBrainz Wiki
- A client library written in Python which provides easy object oriented access to the MusicBrainz database using the XML web service.
- A C library for creating MusicBrainz disc IDs from audio CDs.
- A development library geared towards developers who wish to add MusicBrainz lookup capabilities to their applications.
- XML web service
- The new, REST-based webservice API for direct access to MusicBrainz data (Please review the libraries above before writing your own implementation).
- Server setup
- The MusicBrainz Server is not available as an executable application. Setting up the server will require you to checkout the source code and follow the INSTALL file's instructions.
- Database setup
- The MusicBrainz Database contains all the metadata information available on musicbrainz.org and anyone is free to download and make use of it (and we encourage this!). Setting it up will require access to a PostgreSQL database.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- A set of community maintained FAQs.
- How Tos
- A collection of tutorials. Lightweight, short and user-orientated step by step instructions.
- How Editing Works and the different Edit Types
- A general introduction and detailed descriptions of each type of edit that you can possibly make to MusicBrainz data.
- Advanced Relationships
- Documentation about Advanced Relationships, as well as all Relationship Classes, Relationship Families, and Relationship Types.
- MusicBrainz Terminology
- A collection of all terms the MusicBrainz community uses, what they mean, and wheter there is a wiki page explaining them.
- Release Language
- Describes the assignement of the language and script attribute to releases.
- Flickr Machine Tag
- How to use flickr tags to refer to MusicBrainz artists, releases, tracks or labels.
- Describes the MusicBrainz XML Metadata Format
- Useful links for people wanting to use ID3v2 tags in applications.
- ID3v2 Tags
- A list of some TXXX tags for ID3v2 to toss about and try to "standardize".
- MusicBrainz Database
- Start page for documentation about the database.
- Panther DB Installation
- Steps to intall PostgreSQL and import MusicBrainz data on Mac OS X 10.3 aka Panther.
- Debian VMWare Database
- HOWTO install the database under Debian running under VMWare.
- Japanese documentation for MusicBrainz Metadata Initiative 2.1
- Other Databases -- Other music databases which we might try to work with
- Links To Free Creative Commons License Music
- MusicBrainz Summits