Note: This page doesn't refer to standalone recordings. They don't have tracks and therefore don't have track length which means the lengths can only be set manually. If you want to get rid of standalone recordings entirely, that's something separate from what we're trying to solve here and is a whole new can of worms. Make your own proposal for that if that's what you want.
- 1 Should recording lengths ever be set automatically from track lengths?
- 2 Should recording lengths be editable?
- 3 If recording lengths should only be set automatically some of the time, when should it happen?
- 4 If recording lengths should always be set automatically from track lengths, how should the length be determined?
Should recording lengths ever be set automatically from track lengths?
Yes - some or all of the time
No - editors should always enter them by hand
Should recording lengths be editable?
Yes, but only when there are multiple tracks
No, always set them automatically when there are tracks
If recording lengths should only be set automatically some of the time, when should it happen?
Vote for both if you like, they're not mutually exclusive.
When there isn't an existing recording length
When the recording only has one track
* Ianmcorvidae (talk) 10:21, 7 January 2013 (UTC)