This is a list of users making bad edits and not learning. I will remove them from this list if this changes.
They either do not read their mails, do not get them, or willfully ignore them (unfortunately I cannot know, but that does not make a difference in practice: incorrect edits still keep coming). Of course the "No cancel" is usually a given when I say "No reply".
In a sane world, they should be forced to take action before being able to make new edits. However, we are not in one: http://tickets.musicbrainz.org/browse/MBS-8399
The problem with not knowing if the user will respond is real. It's a huge waste of time, for both voters and editors. Here are a few examples of well-behaved editors who do not get notifications: https://musicbrainz.org/edit/31761587 https://musicbrainz.org/edit/31725549 https://musicbrainz.org/edit/32230321
- 1 Newcomers
- 2 Current concerns
- 2.1 https://musicbrainz.org/user/alanzata100
- 2.2 https://musicbrainz.org/user/sebidule
- 2.3 https://musicbrainz.org/user/cheekyrascal
- 2.4 Sockpuppets
- 2.5 https://musicbrainz.org/user/VilainChien
- 2.6 http://musicbrainz.org/user/Madrios
- 2.7 http://musicbrainz.org/user/yktsg
- 2.8 http://musicbrainz.org/user/anon987
- 2.9 http://musicbrainz.org/user/Valfar00
- 2.10 http://musicbrainz.org/user/notmebug
- 2.11 http://musicbrainz.org/user/pszihopata85
- 2.12 http://musicbrainz.org/user/dadosalgueiro
- 2.13 http://musicbrainz.org/user/jimmydorkbot
- 2.14 http://musicbrainz.org/user/soularme
- 2.15 http://musicbrainz.org/user/Siwonder
- 2.16 https://musicbrainz.org/user/lenne
- 3 Past honorable mentions
- 3.1 http://musicbrainz.org/user/Deleted%20Editor%20%231286306/edits/cancelled
- 3.2 http://musicbrainz.org/user/ff89 (deleted)
- 3.3 http://musicbrainz.org/user/Caravanheart (deleted)
- 3.4 http://musicbrainz.org/user/Deleted%20Editor%20%23630107 http://musicbrainz.org/user/dvojchenkov
- 3.5 Likedis Auto
- 3.6 ?
- 3.7 ?
- http://musicbrainz.org/user/aggro-x (does not make too many mistakes but doesn't seem to get the notifications)
- http://musicbrainz.org/user/grimy55 (I think he gets the notifications but doesn't appear to learn, even though it would help him like using the Discogs userscript)
- http://musicbrainz.org/user/MrTesla does the exact same mistake after I tell him not to - likely doesn't get any mail
- http://musicbrainz.org/user/Mathirivas zero reply and makes bad edits. likely never got any mail so continues doing wrong things without knowing it
- http://musicbrainz.org/user/timothy062691 hijacks recordings even after being told not to
- https://musicbrainz.org/user/tonyschuite bad sloppy edits and doesn't learn
- https://musicbrainz.org/user/lonelylemon (does things mostly right but doesn't seem to get notifications)
- https://musicbrainz.org/user/dominio74 adds artwork for the wrong editions
- https://musicbrainz.org/user/neilwow another mostly wrong artwork adder
- https://musicbrainz.org/user/aidan.gilbert uses "None." as a note to avoid the requirements, selects wrong artists despite very clear disambiguations and annotations
- https://musicbrainz.org/user/dvratar unresponsive so far
- https://musicbrainz.org/user/SkuliOskarsson adds releases from mp3 files from god knows where, merges recordings just because they have the same name
- https://musicbrainz.org/user/KebabFrites https://musicbrainz.org/edit/33436130
- https://musicbrainz.org/user/silentbird makes decent edits but almost never leaves notes; does not seem to get notifications
- https://musicbrainz.org/user/oldsoul unresponsive, liar https://musicbrainz.org/edit/29672879, misuses country, language and script, adds dupes, mashes keyboard on edit notes
Renamed artists to completely change what they were; unfortunately, some of his edits were applied.
Adds duplicate releases, shows no signs of changing and no interaction. Also duplicates release groups even when the release is not a duplicate. Adds release to wrong artists. Hijacks existing releases, like CD reissues to set the earliest release date (including impossible dates for CDs). Adds bogus labels from iTunes copyright holders. Adds to wrong entities even when very clear disambiguations are set (including "do not use as a label").
Since he makes the same mistakes again and again and never responded, I tried to contact "sebidule" users found on other many websites, directly through an e-mail I found that way, and sebidule@ at many popuplar e-mail providers.
Adds wrong release artwork, sometimes even unrelated (album covers to bootleg lives). No signs of change, and a huge part, if not the majority, of the edits are completely wrong; you'd think selecting a random release image would get better results, but comically, no.
https://musicbrainz.org/edit/32248764 This is vandalism plain and simple.
Adds wrong artwork - even after being told how not to do it - https://musicbrainz.org/edit/32465483
Currently adds releases with just "Bla" as the tracklist. Past history of bad edits.
- email address unset Nikki (talk) 23:16, 6 March 2015 (UTC)
-- Re-verified but no new edits yet. -- HibiscusKazeneko (talk) 01:49, 26 March 2015 (UTC)
--- Update: He just started editing again. The first recent edit I see looks innocuous enough, but I've still got my eye out. -- HibiscusKazeneko (talk) 19:02, 6 May 2015 (UTC)
Sets CDs as CD-R without proof; does not reply or listen.
Keeps adding cover art with only "from google" as an edit note, despite being told not to. Has often added the wrong artwork for releases, as expected when you're looking for artwork "from google". Does not reply.
So far zero reply to inquiries, repeats mistakes that have been explained before. Has repeated mistakes in less than a week many times, even if warned each time, and suggested to just leave empty instead of putting a wrong value.
- Packaging to None on physical releases. It actually requires less work to not put the incorrect data.
- Always sets releases to Worldwide.
- Uploaded cover art that was for the wrong releases.
- English/Latin regardless of tracklist, even when there is Cyrillic script!
- Adds duplicates.
- Pushes lazyness to a new level: edit #31967163
- Puts Discogs IDs as Label Code
- Changes medium type of proven releases (with existing links), without proof. https://musicbrainz.org/edit/32612885 (does the same edit in 3 days!) https://musicbrainz.org/edit/32714574
Somewhat fixed behavior (no real improvement, but leaves fields empty instead of doing wrong things) …but often manages to come back with more creative mistakes. What prompted the change: Systematic No vote until editor fixes his behavior. Nothing of value lost too as those were mostly releases in the future.
Appears to be a "bug me not" login, shared to multiple users. Has an history of very bad edits on completely distinct genres. Should obviously be forced to reconfirm its email.
- edit #31610508 is the only remotely recent edit where anyone has left an edit note or voted no... which is also the most recent edit they've made. While I suspect they probably aren't checking the email address, I'm not going to unset the email address based on old edits and a single questionable recent edit which wasn't clearly asking for a response. Nikki (talk) 23:39, 5 March 2015 (UTC)
Adding wrong cover art and hijacking existing releases (including impossible dates for CDs).
Adds fictional bands. Yes, you read me: bands that do not exist, with always some weird Blogspot page he edited himself. Has tried multiple times, including adding the "band" under wrong names.
Does many bad edits (hijacks existing releases, adds wrong cover art), so far unresponsive.
- email unset Nikki (talk) 14:39, 18 February 2015 (UTC)
-- He re-verified and is back to making questionable edits. HibiscusKazeneko (talk) 17:49, 27 February 2015 (UTC)
--- the exact same mistakes too (like size in image commment…), so either put another temporary mail or is malevolent --Pankkake (talk) 11:39, 4 March 2015 (UTC)
Adds artists and releases without checking to see if they already exist. Does not seem to respond to edit notes.
Same mistakes as soularme. Does not appear to respond to edit notes either.
Adds patchy releases from artists' discography pages. Does not respond to edit notes.
Past honorable mentions
Spend so much time fixing his edits, then as he deletes his account, all releases are cancelled. What the fuck? Very strange since first encounter was positive. edit #31939839
So far zero reply to inquiries, repeats mistakes that have been explained before. Has repeated mistakes in less than a week. No reply through the entire life of his account.
- Cites "Spotify" as a source for physical releases, mangles tracklist to his liking (replacing parenthesis by a single dash), sets incorrect countries, incorrect capitalization.
Took months of messaging before stopping setting releases as CD without proof (many having been proved wrong easily), now does not research either but at least doesn't set Medium Type. I still find incorrect releases that have not been fixed. Still does not reply and regularly adds dupes, but at least those are not wrong information.
What prompted the change: Systematic No vote until editor fixes his behavior.
Deleted then recreated account. Almost never replies (best I could get was like "I do not speak English") and made wrong destructive edits all the time, but seems to do a bit better now.
It was a bot, so you wouldn't expect it to reply. But editors were not aware of it. Overwhelming number of edits many of those pass, and there are still many incorrect releases left. It is a good example of how much damage a single unchecked editor can make.
Editor repeatedly adding wrong cover art, no source and no replies. OK, there might be more than one…
Editor willfully adding wrong cover art because he preferred it.