Cleanup Of The Month
- This month's cleanup is Benny Goodman, things that need to be done are at /BennyGoodman and you can discuss issues there or in [the forum].
Rougly every month or so a new artist is chosen from a list of nominations to be the subject of Cleanup of the Month. The aim is was work as a team to provide the most complete discography possible for a major artist in about one month. Good candidates for CotM should be well-known artists that have messy and incomplete MusicBrainz entries.
Each collaboration can be organised and discussed in its own wiki page and forum topic.
Selecting the next Cleanup of the Month
To nominate an artist for next months collaboration, list the artists name at the end of the list below. To vote for a nomination, enter your name underneath the description. Please add more candidates!
Nominations for Cleanup of the Month
- Blood, Sweat & Tears
- Well known artist, but with a messy and incomplete discography.
- The Who
- I think it would be a good challenge; normal bootlegs and official bootlegs (if there is such a thing).
- John Williams
- Similar to Morricone in the number of entries, and the types of issues. Also, there are at least 8 different John Williams in the database, so easy potential for incorrect artist attributions between them.
- "Month of the Special Purpose Artist" -- BrianSchweitzer 03:43, 02 September 2007 (UTC)
- Ooh, I like this idea. --kuno.
- Non-Album Tracks
- Sen suggested in IRC that we have a CotM specifically for NATs, to clean the accumulated ones that are junk, or have since been released on official releases. -- BrianSchweitzer 03:43, 02 September 2007 (UTC)
Current Cleanup of the Month
- Benny Goodman (February-March 2008)
Previous Collaborations/Cleanups of the Month
- The Beatles (November-December 2006)
- Dire Straits (January-April 2007)
- Bob Marley (May-June 2007) 
- Ennio Morricone (July-August 2007)
- [unknown] (September 2007-January 2008)
- Due to growing pains of the Musicbrainz Community and the complexity of Bob Marley's musicantry, and insufficient interest in CotM at large, Bob Marley's entry(ies) where not completed satisfactionary.