Products > Picard
Picard is the next generation MusicBrainz tagging application. This new tagging concept is album oriented, as opposed to track/file oriented like the ClassicTagger was. Picard is written in Python, which is a cross-platform language, and makes use of cross-platform libraries - this allows the same code to run both on Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.
Download and Use Picard
- Download the latest version of Picard.
- Read the illustrated Picard Tagger Quick Start Guide
- For more information read the Documentation on Picard
- Have a look at the plugins available.
Documentation for Users
These are all the documents that should help users of Picard:
- Picard Documentation
- Picard Screencasts
- Video guides on how to use Picard
- How To Tag Files With Picard
- Illustrated Picard quick start guide.
- Picard Linux installation
- Guide for tips on how to install Picard from sources on various linux distributions.
- Picard FAQ
- There is also a page covering Picard on Wikipedia.
This is an official MusicBrainz product. If you have questions on the use of Picard, you can mail to the users mailing list or post a question on the forum. If you think you found a bug, you can add it to the bug tracker. In other cases you can contact us.
PicardDevelopment groups all available information about the development of Picard.