MusicBrainz Summit 12 will happen in Barcelona, Catalonia/Spain on November 9-11, 2012.
Attendees should expect to arrive in Barcelona in the afternoon/evening of November 9 and plan to depart in the afternoon/evening of November 11.
We will be meeting at Universitat Pompeu Fabra. We have a 40 person classroom and a couple of smaller rooms available to us in the Tànger building of the UPF campus. The rooms are reserved for us from 15h to 21h on Friday and from 10h to 21h on Saturday and Sunday. The classrooms will have WiFi, whiteboards and all the things we could need for having a summit.
Food and drink is allowed, but there will be no cleaning services, which is not a problem. We've always managed to clean up after ourselves. :)
|Brewster Kahle||Oliver Charles|
Barcelona's El Prat airport (BCN) is a big airport with a lot of airlines flying to and from there. To get from the airport to the Plaça de Catalunya (City center) take the AeroBus that departs from ground level at both Terminal 1 and Terminal 2. Note which terminal you came in on -- you'll need to get back on the same bus to get back to BCN. The bus is 5.65 EUR one way. From Plaça de Catalunya take the Metro to the apartment -- we'll post details once we rent an apartment.
- Airlines & terminals at BCN airport.
- AeroBus convenient bus to and from BCN to the city center
- AeroBus timetable
We will organize our own food again during the summit (crowd sourced shopping FTW!). We'll go for some dinner on friday as people arrive and then on Saturday we'll have a group dinner at a restaurant. Exact details to be determined.
if you're planning on attending put your name down below. Don't worry - doesn't have to be definite, but it's nice to have a rough idea :)
By order of arrival
|From||To||Time||Airline/Flight No.||From||To||Time||Airline/Flight No.|
|Alastair||will be there because he'll be working at UPF by then|
|Moha||will be there because he is already working at UPF|
|Sertan||will be there because he is already working at UPF|
|Ajay||will be there because he is already working at UPF|
|Xavier Serra||will be there because he is already working at UPF|
|kepstin||JFK||BCN||Thu 07:15||American Airlines 66||BCN||JFK||Mon 10:00||American Airlines 67||Booked! Full flight plan is YOW - ORD - JFK - BCN|
|warp / kuno||AMS||BCN||Thu 09:10||VY8318||BCN||AMS||Mon 15:55||VY8322|
|navap||YYZ||BCN||Thu 09:25||Delta 94||BCN||YYZ||Mon 11:10||Delta 95|
|reosarevok||FRA||BCN||Thu 17:55||Lufthansa LH 1132||BCN||FRA||Mon 10:05||Lufthansa LH 1125||Coming from Riga, leaving to Tallinn|
|Nikki||CGN||BCN||Thu 18:50||Germanwings 4U526||BCN||CGN||Mon 19:30||Germanwings 4U527|
|ocharles||LHR||BCN||Thu 18:50||Iberia 7473||BCN||LHR||Mon 10:10||Iberia 7470|
|chirlu||STR||BCN||Thu 18:55||Germanwings (4U) 2520||BCN||STR||Mon 09:10||Germanwings (4U) 2529|
|Freso||ZRH||BCN||Thu 19:05||Swiss 1956||BCN||ZRH||Mon 9:45||Swiss 1953|
|ruaok||BCN||LHR||Mon 11:30||British Airways 479|
|Jerry Jalava||HEL||BCN||Thu 20:20||Finnair 3269||BCN||HEL||Mon 10:15||Finnair 3270|
|CatCat||RYG||BCN||Thu 23:59||Ryanair FR6323||BCN||CRL||Mon 06:55||Ryanair FR6392||leaving from CRL to RYG at 17:30 with Ryanair (FR6098)|
|ianmcorvidae||EWR||BCN||Fri 09:00||United 120||BCN||SEN||Mon 14:20||easyJet 7384||heading to London after for Music Hack Day|
|marianaa_f||OPO||BCN||Fri 09:25||Ryanair FR4584||BCN||OPO||Mon 09:55||Ryanair FR4585|
|ijabz||BRS||BCN||Fri 10:10||Easyjet 6025||BCN||BRS||Mon 11:55||Easyjet 6026|
People who are not confirmed yet:
- djce might be there, because I just don't know when to quit
- jdamcd might attend on the Saturday & Sunday but has other plans on the Friday.
- Brewster Kahle
Please note: In order to gain access to the building we need to provide the names/passport numbers of all of the attendees 2 weeks prior to the summit. (We will be able to register people after this point, but we should aim to have all this info in 2 weeks prior for all known attendees)
We've booked an apartment for 8 people:
The following people will have lodgings arranged for:
- kepstin, kuno, navap, reosarevok, Nikki, ocharles, chirlu, freso, ruaok, catcat, marianaa_f, ianmcorvidae
IMPORTANT: if you are not on the list above, you need to coordinate your own lodgings.
Thursday evening meet-up
For people arriving BCN on thursday evening, let us meet at the group Meeting Point in the arrivals hall in Terminal 2 between 19:30h and 20:00h. Once we have everyone, we'll take the bus to Plaça de Catalunya together.
- Moving musicbrainz.org to cloud hosting
- DiscIDs (fuzzy matching, drop them entirely, what to do about pre-1982, etc.)
- Before I forget it: I'd say a flag "for this release" vs. "inherited" is the least bad way to go if we want to keep them.--Reosarevok 01:59, 27 June 2012 (UTC)
- Before anything is decided: before dropping discids, think about improving user experience for submitting / triaging discids: MBS-4326, MBS-2524, MBS-2830, MBS-4582, MBS-2318, ... Murdos 19:30, 27 June 2012 (UTC)
- Series (i.e. series of recordings, podcasts/radio shows, and series of releases)
- Genres: We really need them. The world wants us to have them. How do we get there?
- Streaming music link display --Reosarevok (talk) 18:49, 18 October 2012 (UTC)
- Unverified flag for release adds w/o votes --Reosarevok (talk) 18:49, 18 October 2012 (UTC)
- Locations + (maybe) Events. We don't *need* them like we do genres but they would be nice. How do we get there? --Reosarevok (talk) 18:49, 18 October 2012 (UTC)
- Artist image archive (and maybe label logo archive too?) --Reosarevok (talk) 18:49, 18 October 2012 (UTC)
- Tentative: more CC music stuff, collaborating with the IA in a CC Music Archive of sorts - if it is actually OK to upload CC-licensed music to the IA without being the owner, of course. Which I'm not sure about. --Reosarevok (talk) 18:53, 18 October 2012 (UTC)
- MBS-2417/MBS-2229 Support multiple countries/regions on a single release, one of the most wanted things at last years summit, but no progress so far
- How to better promote ourselves OCharles
- CompMusic involvement in MusicBrainz. CM has a few wants for our data storage (e.g., MBS-3296). We want to have a chat about what's worthwhile to get added that is also useful to others. There's a strong likelihood that we'll be able to contribute developer time for it. It was suggested we meet offline early in the weekend and take any suggestions to everyone else for feedback. -- Alastair
- How much progress did we make on features from the last summit? -- ocharles